Recent content by wanders

1. wanders

High End Streamers

Again, appreciate your thoughts. Ironically, my interest in tweaking peripherals is a result of an anticipated new arrival: a PS BHK 250.
  2. wanders

High End Streamers

My question is asking whether a “high end” streamer does more for sq than simply provide a better dac. For instance, does your ps streamer contain a dac? Thx
  3. wanders

High End Streamers

… I’m interested to learn what I could hope to gain by investing in a high end streamer. This is a sincere question; please let me know your thoughts. Thx
  4. wanders

High End Streamers

I have owned a couple of Blue Sounds Node(s). I use the them for internet streaming and hard drive stored digital (CDs, hi-res, etc.) I was not particularly happy with the Nodes’ analog output. Three years ago I acquired a high quality dac and, since that time, all of the Node output is routed...
  5. wanders

Vandersteen 2ce sig

The difference is minor. Either way four leads from the amp (+/-, +/-) to the speaker; one pair to the bass posts, the other to the mid/high. For each speaker, True-bi uses two cables each containing one pair of leads; Internal-bi use one cable containing two pairs of leads. A minor point...
  6. wanders

Vandersteen 2ce sig

7. wanders

Vandersteen 2ce sig

Interesting idea. Did you try true-bi?
  8. wanders

Vandersteen 2ce sig

Thanks for the opinions. The speakers are designed to be bi-wired (double binding post on each speaker - one set to base, the other to mid/high). There is no reason not to bi-wire. You’d have to give up base or (if you’re hard-headed) use a goofy jumper system that ties the speaker binding posts...
  9. wanders

Vandersteen 2ce sig

I have these vans and am up-grading my amp. I’m seeking opinions on the value of internal bi-wire vs true bi-wire for the speakers. I hope to avoid a cable debate. I listened to my speakers bi-wired and jumper wired. IMHO, the bi-wire makes an audible and positive improvement inSQ. Changing my...
  10. wanders

C-24 question

Hmmm
  11. wanders

C-24 question

Thanks all for information. There is a block diagram om the cover, but, in the event the jack had to be fixed, there is no schematic that I could find.
  12. wanders

C-24 question

Wow, I was composing an email to propose this exact situation and the "Similar Threads" panel showed this post from twenty years ago. Kudos to AK for preserving this type of information. Let's see if I've got this right. Assume that a normal system is in place (source, C 24, amp, speakers)...
  13. wanders

Cost to sell on eBay

I'm thinking about selling some excess gear in the next few weeks. Obviously I'll try Barter Town first; but I wonder what the prices are on eBay and other audio related websites. - like Audiogon, US Audio Mart, etc. I checked eBay and it said about 6%, but my son, who sells a lot of stuff...
  14. wanders

RT 909 feedback issue

:rant: Good catch. Thanks
  15. wanders

RT 909 feedback issue

I had my RT 909 rebuilt around five years ago by a competent tech; new heads, the whole thing. I don't use it much, but it has always performed correctly. I played a tape a couple of days ago and noticed considerable feedback, as if I was getting output from multiple tracks. Maybe an alignment...
Back
Top Bottom