Recent content by welcomdmat

1. welcomdmat

Electronic Equipment

My musical interest has always been ambient/ drone/ late 70s progressive rock. Over the past few months, I have had a lot of time to kill. I have moved through equipment making music as I have at times moved through equipment producing music. I really like what I can do with what I have now...
  2. welcomdmat

Seeking Advice on Speaker Wire

I have never used anything but OFC wire, so my opinion is of limited value. That being said, if I read this thread, I would always second guess my choice choosing otherwise. Places like Amazon and Monoprice have options that should fit any budget. They are not fancy, but they are very well...
  3. welcomdmat

Distortion at higher intensity music

I took a level to my tonearm with a very slight adjustment. I put the original Shure stylus on (I found it first), brush down, correct anti-skate and tracking force. I pulled the headshell and cartridge out and reinstalled. I pulled the speaker wire and reinstalled. I pulled the RCAs and...
  4. welcomdmat

I have a Technics overhang gauge that I will try out. I did not align the cartridge myself, but I don't remember this happening before. The tonearm rewire was done by KAB, and the RCA cables were replaced by KAB. He is traditionally of high quality, and the work was done (I think) about 3...
  5. welcomdmat

This seems like a question I should be able to answer, but ... I am running a Technics 1200 (tone are rewire, heavier plater, fluid damped, etc). My cartridge is a Shure M97xE. I have the original stylus, the LP Gear Vivid line, and the Jico SAS. I have been cycling through all of them. I...
  6. welcomdmat

Marantz 2230 for Recording

I am looking at a simple keyboard. The thought is not aimed at studio recording, but I have a couple of local musicians interested in my music. I would like to make recordings of what I have pulled together.
  7. welcomdmat

Marantz 2230 for Recording

I read a couple of threads on the in/out 1/4" jacks and rca plugs. If I was to run a musical instrument into the 1/4" dubbing in, could I then run a 1/4" plug out into a recording machine like the Tascam tape machines? I have come across electronics like the Apollo that work as an in-between...
  8. welcomdmat

McIntosh MC2100 Rebuild

I am looking to buy a rebuilt MC2100. I have found blue caps as a sign of work, but not all amplifiers have the same signs. Is there something I should watch out for as a sign of rebuild?
  9. welcomdmat

Marantz 2230 Power Button

I have been lucky.
  10. welcomdmat

This is what I am working with, and I think I have been able to clean things up. The feel is not the same as it was, but some compressed air has helped.
  11. welcomdmat

I have been away, but I am now looking "into" my 2230 switch. I had a lot of trouble with a McIntosh 754 a while ago. I know it is only an amplifier, but this 2230 weighs a ton in comparison. I don't think I have moved it since I got it. Power button check is going well so far.
  12. welcomdmat

Basic Concerns I Guess

I have had all of my basic pieces rebuilt. After that I got a night job where my wife was asleep when I got home, I had a pair of Grado headphones rewired. My system is a 1200mk2 that has seen some attention and a Marantz 2230 that one of our members told me would be that best 2230 I would...
  13. welcomdmat

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll be back early this week to check it out.
  14. welcomdmat

Hello -- I have a 2230 that I listened to last night with headphones. This morning I took out the headphone plug and switched from remote to main speakers while the amplifier was off. When I then pushed the power button, it would not go in all of the way and wouldn't stay in place. All...
  15. welcomdmat

North Carolina anyone?

I spend a lot of most of my days in Cary -- I also grew up there, moved away, and moved back to the area. I don't know if my setup is vintage or not with work done here and there. I have had a number of pieces move through.
Back
Top Bottom