Recent content by Wolverine

1. Wolverine

Happy Birthday larryderouin!

Happy Birthday!
  2. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

I am sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you navigating retirement I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!
  3. Wolverine

Return of the original Miniwatt SET ( APPJ )

Thread revival…. My MW had been sitting in the closet since moving to the new house as my focus has been getting the room and my main system setup. Finally brought the Fried Model C Pyramid’s into the room about 6’ from my listening chair and hooked the MW directly to my Oppo BDP-83SE. Pretty...
  4. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

I am making some progress on the sleep thing in retirement as I have for years got by on about 4hrs sleep. I have not used an alarm since High School and have been waking up at 3am for probably the past 30 years. Still wake up about half the time at 3 but now stretch it to 4-4:30 sometimes.
  5. Wolverine

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations Heather and to all those members who were nominated!
  6. Wolverine

Just one little gesture of "nice"

We moved to a new 55+ community last Summer and it is the norm here whether walking or driving to wave hello to everyone passing by. There are Friday night get togethers and other Social activities that are well attended and everyone is very friendly. Quite the contrast to our previous residence...
  7. Wolverine

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Welcome to AK! Love my Traveler!
  8. Wolverine

Magnepan SMG Speakers - A Few Questions for Magnepan Owners

I have owned briefly two pairs of SMG's and currently own a pair of MMG's. One pair of the SMGs was fine and the other had the beginnings of the delamination issue. The buzz caused by the delaminating was only apparent when playing a very low Bass passage so testing with some music that you know...
  9. Wolverine

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Paying bills while listening to the office system. Streaming to my NAD 3020D and Snell Type J IV’s
  10. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

I think you are taking a good approach. Best of luck to you on making your retirement decisions!!
  11. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

When to take SS really needs to be determined on a case by case basis based a variety of factors. Health issues impacting longevity and the reliance on SS for your basic living expenses are just two of those factors. Anyone saying that there is an exact best time to start taking SS that applies...
  12. Wolverine

Opinions on buying a used Oppo

I have 2 Oppo's that I bought used one is the standard BDP-83 that I use in one of my headphone systems and the other is a BDP-83SE that I got from the original owner about 5 years ago and is in my main system. They have been trouble free for the whole time I have had them. Probably got a...
  13. Wolverine

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Been awhile since I posted on this thread but I have been consistently adding to the LP collection. This has been a pretty good weekend for new additions.
  14. Wolverine

Happy Birthday grillebilly!

Happy Belated Birthday!
  15. Wolverine

Phono Pre-Amp

You can benefit from a separate phono preamp but it somewhat depends on your goals and budget. For example whenn looking up the NAD C658 it appears that it only has a Moving Magnet (MM) phono output so if you want to switch to a Moving Coil (MC) cartridge then you will need a separate phono...
Back
Top Bottom