Recent content by zackk

1. zackk

Pics of your listening space

Thank you, it’s a nice place to save some money while we rent. My better half has similar taste so it was easy to get it where it is. That pink album you mean? That’s The Sea and Cake, “Car Alarm.” Jazzy, laid back music.
  2. zackk

Thank you! They are just some bins we got from target I think for dvds and random stuff! Black painted panels with wood, nothing too fancy!
  3. zackk

Moved in with my (now) fiance a few months back! Our living room is my favorite place, instantly felt like home. Great size for the set up, these speakers could handle an even bigger room with full range sound! The non-essentials (for me, cd, tape, reel to reel) are not hooked up. We wanted the...
  4. zackk

What TT's do you folks have

Couldn't afford an MT-10? Just kidding ;)
  5. zackk

Which audio amps/preamps would you keep ... and why?

What's the goal of the hobby? Have multiple so-so components, mostly sitting around... Or have one set of really good, maybe even new components with a warranty? That's the question I asked myself years ago when I starting selling all my excess.
  6. zackk

Which audio amps/preamps would you keep ... and why?

Sell them all and buy something new with a warranty.
  7. zackk

McIntosh MAC 4100 - Indicator LED replacements

anyone know where I can get replacements for these? The AFL and MPX FM indicators are out. So I need one yellow, and one red. Please and thank you.
  8. zackk

TEAC AN-60 - noise reduction unit

Can't I test it by ear just by monitoring signal through the unit and toggling the switch? I don't have to actually record a tape to test it do I? That would mean you can only record in Dolby but not playback... so That wouldn't make sense, and is why I haven't tried recording to tape to test...
  9. zackk

Thanks for the info. I cleaned the controls and recapped this unit. Still got a channel out. So when I hit the Dolby switch to "IN" should I hear the signal change?
  10. zackk

How much of an effect should the noise reduction have on the signal passing through? I know there are different DBX encodes so I wasn't sure. On my Teac X-2000r, DBX is night and day, on this AN-60, I hear no change when dolby is in circuit. Also... Can anyone hook me up with a Service manual?
  11. zackk

SANSUI SP-220 preamp, question about Int'l voltage selection/wrong voltages.

Anyone here who has one of these units able to check the back of their unit and help out? Or anyone else who has serviced one of these units have any input?
  12. zackk

Thank you John! Saved it this time. haha
  13. zackk

That is extremely helpful, and I'll do a little more digging but definitely keep this info on hand to try!! I'm not entirely sure how to deduce voltage ratios by the impedance of the windings... but this might be a good time to learn haha.
  14. zackk

Both, and the schematic shows it as being 2ohm as well.
  15. zackk

Hi all! I'll try to make this as brief as possible (if someone has the schematic and could post it in here to accompany this thread, that would be greatly appreciated.) Recapping one of these 1958 stereo preamps was a lot of tedious work. It is done however. Signal passes clean, however the...
Back
Top Bottom