Recent content by zieglj01

1. zieglj01

ADS L500 lackluster sound. Need some input

$80 is not a bad price ... and you can toy with modding ... part of the audiophile game that can be challenging and fun
  2. zieglj01

ADS L500 lackluster sound. Need some input

I was not blown away when I owned some ADS speakers in the past ... they have their own type of voicing
  3. zieglj01

New Elac 4" Book shelf speaker Model BS41-BK

As the Amazon World Turns ... the tweeter grill on or off is more of a preference to the individual, there is some positives and minor negatives either way ... but easy to take off and even easier to put back on
  4. zieglj01

Which do you prefer Sony ss-mb105 or ss-b1000

Enjoy the audio adventure
  5. zieglj01

Well one more time ... Well after doing more so called analytical listening today ... I decided that after taming the sort of over-ripe port, that the overall sound seemed to be a little off balance ... so I put them Tweeter grills back on and this brought more overall balance ... So for me with...
  6. zieglj01

Which do you prefer Sony ss-mb105 or ss-b1000

I could not live with either one of them ... will not be much difference, so flip a coin
  7. zieglj01

I think that I have found my happy place with the Elac BS41 speakers ... in my room even with them about 12 inches from the back wall and even more from the side walls, the rear port was a bit too much ... a sock in the port effects it too much ... so I put Poly-batten in the rear ports, that...
  8. zieglj01

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

The Elac BS41 and they will go low
  9. zieglj01

Spoiled for choice, but not educated. Could use some help.

You should at least listen to them and in room bass may be a little more ... also you may be able to sell them for more than $15
  10. zieglj01

Spoiled for choice, but not educated. Could use some help.

Good deals out there for Klipsch RB-51 ll speakers online for under $200 ... and they will have some bass
  11. zieglj01

In general, they are sounding better to me with the tweeter grill removed ... more to my liking
  12. zieglj01

yes Amazon is strange on that and should do better with Prime members ... it will still be about an hour before I fire them up ... waiting for the cabinets to come to room temperature
  13. zieglj01

This is the Elac BS41 with the tweeter grill removed
  14. zieglj01

Since Amazon played with the pricing of the Elac BS41 and since in the beginning I paid $109 for an original returned product; I sent them back and ordered a new pair for $40 less ... they are here and now I am letting them warm up to room temperature. So I guess that means that I liked them...
  15. zieglj01

the Elac bookshelf is now under $80 and that is a good deal
Back
Top Bottom