1960s? Allied/Knight Headphones Model KN 867 Found at Goodwill today!

captainclock

Pacifist Otaku
Hello everyone today at work I found on the floor in a box of micellaneous stuff a set of Allied/Knight Supreme Stereo Headset Model KN 867 for $3 and some change and I think that these headphones might of been my find for the day because when I got them hooked up and tried them out with my Pioneer Stereo system, these headphones sounded almost as good as my speakers I was using, and I was just listening to an old LP Recording of some pipe organ music. Any additional information about these headphones would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LeviDSCN2832.JPG DSCN2833.JPG DSCN2834.JPG DSCN2835.JPG

Back around 1962 I had phones from Allied Radio on Western Ave. in Chicago and your phones might be the same model. Same color and I remember those volume knobs.

Back around 1962 I had phones from Allied Radio on Western Ave. in Chicago and your phones might be the same model. Same color and I remember those volume knobs.
That's cool, yeah when I took a listen to them I really liked how well they sounded, they sounded way better than those cheapie headphones you get with your walkman or MP3 players now a days, the only problem is the 1/4" jack that it uses which if you want to use it on something like a computer or something that only has an 1/8" (3.5mm) jack you'd have to buy a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor, which I've yet to see such a beast anywhere.

I've found adaptors on Amazon that have a wire in the middle so you don't have some huge plug/adaptor thing sticking out of your phone.

I liked Allied stuff and bought many items over the years. I had a set of Allied phones but they looked nothing like these. The ones I had were terrible to wear but sounded OK. Finally one channel stopped working but still under warranty. I returned them to fix but they got lost somehow and I got another set that may have looked like these. I don't remember to well now. It was a long time ago. Maybe in the early 60's.
I spent a lot of time at the Allied store on Western ave. Very fond memories. Like hearing the JBL Paragon the first time thinking it sounded very much like nothing at all. Very bland. But it was all there.

Back
Top Bottom