Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

i met a guy who clears estates for resale
he also owns another business,so he is busy and cant be bothered to test,sell all he finds
he called me about this stuff $230 ...its all i had

pioneer sa-7500 in the box with manuals
pioneer pl-518 with manuals no box
manual for hpm-60 with brand new never used wire [no speakers tho]
marantz 1040 with case
yamaha a-500
technics sl-q202
jvc a-x4
sears professional series 28747
jvc sk 404

there are threads on here about the sears, 5 band eq,and reverb and something they call 4d speaker connections
it will take 3 pairs of speakers,the reverb is kinda neat.
the lettering looks marantz the knobs look yamaha
it is pretty
20161022_130350 (Small).jpg 20161022_130417 (Small).jpg 20161022_130522 (Small).jpg 20161022_130611 (Small).jpg 20161022_130712 (Small).jpg 20161022_130851 (Small).jpg

MVC-004S.JPG
Realistic1.JPG .

Purchased this morning from original owner who picked it up from Radio Shack in '78 - silver-faced Realistic STA-95.
Surprisingly sensitive tuner pulls in distant stations on my lo-tech speaker wire antenna.
With a whopping 45 watts per channel, everything works as it should following a bit of TLC, compressed air, deoxit and cleanup.
Yeah, I realize it's low-end; however, this is the "finds" section - it was only $5 and a good match for the $1 SCT-19 cassette player from last week (which still needs belt).

Last edited:
IMG_2476.JPG IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2477.JPG View attachment 808622

Church rummage sale. 2 Acousticraft speakers with Electrovoice Wolverine LS-8 drivers and one Acoustic Research AR-3st super tweeter...15 smackers

5gCd0fWvPXvwoTdtLri89EA0z4-gTIAmF9SWVNNxFuTMc2pqXDT2sE4VvL-Qcq4xEsJLBczRYr0=w1044-h783-no
i had to pass on this behemoth at an estate sale. only 25 bucks but they weighed well over 100lbs a piece. 40x40. the Sweet 16 by Cox Designs

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nothing audio, but when you get up and there are only 5 sales in the paper because its 39 degrees outside, ANY score is s good score. Grabbed a Gunvault NV300 with security cable for $2. Have to show the web picture because mine is under the back seat of my truck where it will be used to keep my stuff safe.
09426E81-E60B-4BDB-BEDC-22E543A64532_zpsvgwovzcx.jpeg

View attachment 808554
View attachment 808562 .

Purchased this morning from original owner who picked it up new at Radio Shack in '78 - silver-faced Realistic STA-95.
Surprisingly sensitive tuner pulls in distant stations on my lo-tech speaker wire antenna.
With a whopping 45 watts per channel, everything works as it should following a bit of TLC, compressed air, deoxit and cleanup.
Yeah, I realize it's low-end; however, this is the "finds" section - it was only $5 and a good match for the $1 SCT-19 cassette player from last week (which still needs belt).

Nothing at all wrong with an STA-95.
A very nice receiver that will likely sound great.

Got outbid on a couple items I wanted, but ended up scoring the following for $50:

No picture yet of the Fisher Rangexpander Reverp amp, but its there and looks new...

Elac Miracord 10 with all accessories and manuals

IMG_9278.JPG

Cool little mono tube preamp that uses a 6SN7:

IMG_9282.JPG

Set of Koss headphones and preamp:

IMG_9283.JPG

Sweet little H.H. Scott 333 Tube Tuner with metal cabinet and all accessories literature:

IMG_9284.JPG

JVC JA-S44 Integrated Amplifier:

IMG_9285.JPG

I was perusing an estate sale website and came upon a sale with the following equipment listed.

A/V Equipment, Audio / Visual cables, Mitsubishi AM/FM Tuner, Mitsubishi Tape Player, Technics CD Changer, Panasonic Stereo Console, Kenwood Stereo Cabinet, Sony A/V Control Center, Sony Tape Player, Sony VHS Player, Technics Speakers, Panasonic Speakers, Fisher TV, Mitsubishi TV, Pioneer CS-303

Nothing really looked that intriguing but when I scrolled down through the pictures, I spotted these.

genesis1.jpg

Even through it was the third day of the sale, I was in the area so I decided to swing by. Surprisingly, they were still there. They're a pair of Genesis II+ in pretty good shape though they need new foams as usual. Really didn't need another project but I just couldn't help myself. (It was 1/2 price day to boot!)

i've seen many "wild-eyed southern boys" that just let it dribble down onto the wife-beater t-shirt

The Southern boys have evolved in the last 20 years - now they're wearing Guy Harvey T-shirts....I think this started when Browning brought out their new logo bumper stickers, but the driving force may very well be the introduction of the rock-n-roll guitar to country music. Country boys ain't what they use to be, they're much more well coiffed and epicurean these days - we are seeing the evolution of species right before our eyes!

I was perusing an estate sale website and came upon a sale with the following equipment listed.

A/V Equipment, Audio / Visual cables, Mitsubishi AM/FM Tuner, Mitsubishi Tape Player, Technics CD Changer, Panasonic Stereo Console, Kenwood Stereo Cabinet, Sony A/V Control Center, Sony Tape Player, Sony VHS Player, Technics Speakers, Panasonic Speakers, Fisher TV, Mitsubishi TV, Pioneer CS-303

Nothing really looked that intriguing but when I scrolled down through the pictures, I spotted these.

Even through it was the third day of the sale, I was in the area so I decided to swing by. Surprisingly, they were still there. They're a pair of Genesis II+ in pretty good shape though they need new foams as usual. Really didn't need another project but I just couldn't help myself. (It was 1/2 price day to boot!)

You will love those Genesis if they are anything like the Genesis 2s I had! Look like them. Particularly sweet with a nice 80s Yamaha amp.

Back
Top Bottom