Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

I have much more Carver gear than whats in the pic, as that is a very old one. Plus I own to pairs of the Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers which Carver designed.

Plenty of items that I still am wowed by some of my collections. A few items, a lot of them are out of rotation, for now.

In the background are my pair of Infinity QLS-1's and in front are the Quantun 2's, sitting next to some rare Sansui's the SP L700's

The elegance of the Empire TT's.

Empire's, Fishers, Yamaha's.

Infinity's RSIIb's and SAE racks!

Infinity RS-1bs, Kappa 9's, Kappa 8's stacked Infinity servo controllers for the RS-1b's

Yamaha PX2, Antique Sound Labs

Awesome Ken :eek2:

Plenty of items that I still am wowed by some of my collections. A few items, a lot of them are out of rotation, for now.

In the background are my pair of Infinity QLS-1's and in front are the Quantun 2's, sitting next to some rare Sansui's the SP L700's

Infinity RS-1bs, Kappa 9's, Kappa 8's stacked Infinity servo controllers for the RS-1b's

Wow!!

Some serious iron and wood there, Ken.

Nice!

WOW-za

image.jpeg It wasn't an expensive piece but I just love simple lines and I got really lucky on the super clean wood case. And this has the best imaging, almost spooky because the speakers seem to vanish.. Pioneer SX 300 T 15 watts ca. 1969 ..in perfect condition. I like this era of gear, and the advertising of hi fi gear from that time.
And looks even better lit up
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! , have been quite lucky to sourche these 2 babies :) . Both amps bought with a broken channel, the 1 one is now completely restored. Saw the C05/M05 in the 80ies, when it was way way out of my leage price wise.

The M05 running is the cheapest bargain ever! I bought it in broken parts for app 500$! Had to drive from Denmark to Norway to fetch the amp, due to its disassampled state and weight (40kg). The owner had it stored for 4 years in a cellar because he couldnt find the fault on a broken channel (turned out to be faulty solder joints on power pcb boards). Replaced driver stages rail drivers to some more current strong types and had a minor accident with a osc probe, which broke 2 output fets. Spend a huge amount of time getting this one like new! New capacitors, trimmers, relays, some resistors and a few diodes (All boards resolderd, cleaned and defluxed). It's specs like when it came from the factory. Have found a place in Denmark, where i can get most Nos transistors even original toshiba 2sa1302/2c3281 ! (which is rare as hen's teeths..)

http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet...6-renovering-reperation-af-luxman-m-05-a.html

Both amps is going to being as stock as possible, with a few improvements.. Both amplifiers is 220-240V types. The 2econd isn't restored/repaired yet, but have all parts on stock (Elna silmic, Nichicon muse, vishay resistors and omron relays.

They arent the most easy amps to find here in Europe, unless you want a 110v version or have steep pockets (6000$).

Last edited:
View attachment 850467
This old monster made me say wow when I saw it. Fisher RS-1060. Most over-built piece in my collection.
Just picked one up at yard sale for 20 bucks everything works but amp I checked all fuses any suggestions? Thanks,just came alive!, I turned the source knob back and forth a few times and it came to life!, looks like all it needs is a little cleaning,very happy with my find

Last edited:
Some really beautiful stuff on here! My latest wow :)

32424799151_6b80114b27_b.jpg

I had a very unexpected WOW moment today. Stopped in to browse at a local hifi shop today at lunch, and they had two of these monster McIntosh MI-350s on the bench with the tops off getting a checkup. I literally had to ask "holy crap, what is that!?!"

Not my pics, I was too dumbstruck to think to ask if I could take one.
mc3500b.gif

DSC_0078.jpg

I had a very unexpected WOW moment today. Stopped in to browse at a local hifi shop today at lunch, and they had two of these monster McIntosh MI-350s on the bench with the tops off getting a checkup. I literally had to ask "holy crap, what is that!?!"

Not my pics, I was too dumbstruck to think to ask if I could take one.
mc3500b.gif

DSC_0078.jpg
Woof!!!

WOPL1000 700B just was delivered, been a long 2+ years but well worth it. Will go nice with the Clair Bros WOPL1000. Have to drag out the other huge set of speakers now. Going to run both amps off the Perreaux SA3. I have to pull the left meter bezel out this week, sand and repaint it. Other then that, she is gorgeous

PQ2kIh9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom