Sniper: Special Ops (2016) Steven Seagal is getting to old for this.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A 2 star special on Netflix

This is a typical Steven Seagal action movie. Actually not to bad however there is one thing in the movie that is so ridiculous I am not going to tell you about is except to hint about a broken down 5 ton truck full of ammo and fuel. See how long it takes you pick up "stuck on stupid" thing you are looking at. Oh and one more thing as someone who has experience with the M16 and the M4 carbine you can always tell when someone is a complete amateur holding one. Those of you with the same experience will see what I mean.

seagalsniperspecialops-600x387.jpg

Last edited:
He must be churning out 5-6 of these things every year now for the past 4-5 years. I see them all the time on Netflix, have watched a couple, 2 stars seems about right, maybe a little generous.

bs

Segal is 64 now, stunt double must be working overtime. I still enjoy watching his early stuff. Van dam must be up there in age too.

I sat there watching this. They pull up to the broken down truck. It dawns on you that OK the truck in broken down so why didn't they off load it to the one they drove there in and blow up the busted truck and return to base. There is also a couple of really bad continuity problems the 1st one is the sniper rifle at the beginning, What happens to it? the 2nd is the daughter of the evil war lord. She disappears and there is a vague reference to the other truck. A cheaply made direct to DVD/Netflix release.

Another thing I`ve noticed about his recent movies is that they all seem to use some Eastern European location where the labor costs are probably ridiculously cheap....

I've never been a Seagal fan, he just waltz's through all the bad guys without so much as getting a hair out of place let alone getting touched...

Stopped watching his stuff long ago, too unbelievable even for Hollyweird for me.

It's one thing to be an old rock and roller.....

It's another thing to be an old action hero because if you don't workout and stay strong you look weak and fragile which is the incorrect personification of the character.....even if I do like Segal it's the character he is playing and not my cherished memories!!!

To me the movie that puts all of such action movies in their place is
Hot Shots Part Deux (1993) Charlie Sheen is Topper Harley The CIA wants him to lead a rescue mission into Iraq, to rescue the last rescue team, who went in to rescue the last rescue team who... who went in to rescue hostages left behind after Desert Storm. The movie is a total howler.

Hc5qWJSfUzfNSxIJ3oy3fEp2ZtygLj11Ml6PiVLnzMY631akjdp0povdnLJIVMobntNoSw=w300

tumblr_lwug07lB941qly6tg.png

I sat there watching this. They pull up to the broken down truck. It dawns on you that OK the truck in broken down so why didn't they off load it to the one they drove there in and blow up the busted truck and return to base. There is also a couple of really bad continuity problems the 1st one is the sniper rifle at the beginning, What happens to it? the 2nd is the daughter of the evil war lord. She disappears and there is a vague reference to the other truck. A cheaply made direct to DVD/Netflix release.

Yeah, especially since the supply truck seemed mostly empty. I thought the prisoner exchange was pretty goofy too.

On the strong recommendation of the OP I watched this cinematic masterpiece this weekend. These movies have more value in looking for all the mistakes than they do in storytelling.

bs

I've never been a Seagal fan.

I actually liked Above the Law and Under Siege. As crime or action films go, not bad. But Under Siege was.....1992!

His biggest issue, ahem, is his physical condition which started tanking somewhere around the mid 90s. It's hard to pull off a credible action figure, ouch, with Big Mac in hand, another in your mouth, and Orson Welles' tailor. Contrast that with Bruce Willis who stayed fit another 20 years past Die Hard or Tom Cruise that continues to do the bulk of his own stunt work.

1905_Dance_Short_BR.gif

Back
Top Bottom