Klipsch showing new speakers on Facebook

No flipper here buddy .. just someone who would like to own them but isn't a CEO on Wall Street or day trader with that kind of dough to pony up all at once ...oh and my grandfather and uncles fought in the two wars so that I could complain ..thanks
We're so lucky to have you here... buddy.

Let's see 100 a month and with tax let's say $4000 out the door .. then you'd have to save for 40 months which is 3yrs 4 months ..just enough time for them to stop making them lol be nice if they financed them

No flipper here buddy .. just someone who would like to own them but isn't a CEO on Wall Street or day trader with that kind of dough to pony up all at once ...oh and my grandfather and uncles fought in the two wars so that I could complain ..thanks

Thanks but I like this thread

If you like this thread so much then contribute something to it like the rest of us have.

Let's see 100 a month and with tax let's say $4000 out the door .. then you'd have to save for 40 months which is 3yrs 4 months ..just enough time for them to stop making them lol be nice if they financed them

Even if you're credit is halfway good just walk into your bank and apply for a signature loan. Boom. Problem solved. Interest would still be way lower than putting them on a credit card.

If you wanted to buy a $4000 used dirt bike or jet ski we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Something used for nothing other than pure enjoyment and recreation... speakers count. I feel like most of the "normal" AKers wouldn't even think about the fact that there are plenty of people out there that take loans for stereo equipment. I don't. But some do.

- Woody

Even if you're credit is halfway good just walk into your bank and apply for a signature loan. Boom. Problem solved. Interest would still be way lower than putting them on a credit card.

If you wanted to buy a $4000 used dirt bike or jet ski we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Something used for nothing other than pure enjoyment and recreation... speakers count. I feel like most of the "normal" AKers wouldn't even think about the fact that there are plenty of people out there that take loans for stereo equipment. I don't. But some do.

- Woody

Never in my life would I have thought the bank would loan you money for speakers ..that's a good idea thanks problem solved

I'm three grand into my Khorns. Not too much to pay for great speakers. I just kept saving while watching for local Chorus or Cornwall, took a couple years or so, but time does fly. Then Khorns appeared when the kitty had grown. I could have gone through ten pairs of cheaper speakers during that time, maybe got most of the money back, maybe not. It was worth it to me being a bit patient.

When I bought my Jubilee's (almost $8,000 total for them and the active crossover) I happened to own a pair of Khorns already that I sold for 'about' $3,000 which meant I could buy the new speakers for 'about' $5,000 out of pocket.

Sell your speakers and now, the net expense for the new ones are perhaps easier to swallow. (I would also think that you could get them at a discount from the MSRP)

Not having heard them, I have to think that horn is what is going to make them special.

(not selling the Jubilee's though....I'll stay where I am, tyvm!)

You pissed my friends off then me. Not a Good start. Ignore! the fake flipper,,

You lost me ..how did I piss you off? I must of misunderstood you , I thought you were being funny and saying I got the pic from the net ..if that's not what you were saying I apologize.. if you're asking if I bought from the net , then yes I did .. or are you saying I pissed everyone off because I complained about the price of the new forte 3 ? If so then man you and your friends should accept my apology,because that wasn't my intent..moving on now have a great day

Last edited:
Well while I think the new Fortes are worth the price. I don't have the cash for them. But would still love to hear them at the pilgrimage this year,,,yuummmmy.
Thanks for the grill cloth links I may order some to make new grills for my K-Horns to change the look for awhile. I asked in the klipsch forum for the exact dimensions of the K-horn motor boards so I don't have to tare mine apart to measure. But did not get any help even though I been there since 2001 probably among the first there.
I remember sending letter to Klipsch in the 80s asking about a Klipsch club so maybe it was me who got the forum idea started.
Those Fortes look awesome and worth the money for sure. Last year at pilgrimage they had an industrial speaker set up outside I think it was a 396 not sure, but dam it was awesome also.

Okaaaayyyy... Let's get this back on track.

I do like the new stuff they have coming out. I wonder if the electronics will be easy to repair in 20-30 years or if it will all be surface mount/custom chips. That is my only concern with speakers with the amps built in. I think they will "age" faster than passives. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom