2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster

Scifi

This looks interesting. Can anyone who knows French tell me what she's saying? What would you play this guitar through and what effects would you use to get Hendrix sound(s)?

Laura Cox - Testing the new 2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster

A long time ago I saw another Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster, I think it was in the 1980's in a music store. I played it without an amp and it didn't seem too different from typical stratocasters.

Dual Marshall full stacks with everything on 10, Arbiter Fuzz Face, Wah-Wah of your choice. And maybe a can of lighter fluid.:rockon:
I think Jimi played off-the-rack Strats, so its probably just the reverse headstock that's a nod to him.

True. Robin Trower came close but there's still a difference. Can't remember who it was said you could hand BB King any guitar and he'd still sound like BB King.

There's a lot of Hendrix style youtube videos which don't include use of a Marshal stack.

I got one of these Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedals in a music store recently for $15. The pedal is broken so I have to figure out how to get it to work. It can use external switches which I could rig up for calibration.

Digitech Jimi Hendrix Pedal Demo Summer Namm '06

Fender amp?

1960 Tweed Bassman

Can't remember who it was said you could hand BB King any guitar and he'd still sound like BB King.

Neither do I, but I do recall reading (probably in Guitar Player) an interview w/ Gilmour in which he said basically the same thing...about himself.

And it's true about all of us! Though you know how it is, when you pick up a guitar that lets you play something you didn't know you could play? That's always cool.

Back
Top Bottom