re installing kappa spekers ?

loudnclr

AK Member
So I have finished all my refoaming on my infinitys and was wondering what the best way to re attach the wires to the speakers, I have sent off my poly domes to be rebuilt after cutting the wires as millersound requested, also cut off my wires to the woofers about 3 inches off the spade connector that were soldered on.I tried heating up the spade but it did not come off, seemed to just flow the solder more around the connection.So I quess a heat shrink butt connector is best? Or should I have cut them off a foot back and redone this connection.I believe that the wire must be 16 gauge?Thanks again for any replies

I think the wire may be even thicker than that (at least they seem that way in my Kappa 8s). For the woofers I'd probably try soldering them, but I think I'd use crimp connectors for the mids because they're all plastic.

WEll does anyone remove the spade connector from the terminal or just butt connect back up I am ready to install

You almost need three hands to remove the spade. One hand for heat, one hand to pull the spade, and one hand to hold the mount to keep it from breaking off. Not for me...

I spliced mine two different ways on my Kappa 7's. One woofer got orange wire nuts, the other got butt connectors. Neither speaker wire was soldered. Both seem to be just fine a year later, even through several window rattling sessions.

By the way, Millersound does a great job on the Polydomes. I am very happy with his work.

Cheers,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom