2016 Continued - Bill Paxton R.I.P.

StimpyWan

Addicted Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-paxton-death_us_58b2f48fe4b060480e08bd02?

Wow - 2016 continues on into 2017. More celebrity deaths. This time, Bill Paxton. He was 61.

Bill Paxton was one of my favorite modern actors. From the early, Streets of Fire, Weird Science, and Aliens, to Tombstone, True Lies, Apollo 13, and Titanic. Bill Paxton made an impression, and stole every scene he was in, no matter the movie, big or small. He will be missed...! :(

Last edited:
That's a shame, I really enjoyed his new TV show, Training Day I think it's called.

RIP Mr Paxton, you will be missed.

R.I.P. He will be missed greatly. Totally enjoying Training Day. Loved him in Twister. Weird Science. Titanic. One Real Actor.

Thought he did an outstanding job as Sam Houston in Texas Rising as well. If you haven't caught that, DO put it on your "to watch" list. History Channel is still running the eight part series. I just tivo'd the entire series last week in a back to back showing.

PS ... looks like we'll be hearing from him again ... His last gig was in The Circle, which is currently in post production and scheduled for release late April of this year. What's really freaky about that ... he plays Emma Watson's terminally ill father in the flic.

Last edited:
I don't ever feel much of a connection to actors & personalities when they pass. For Paxton however it was a true gobsmack. Damn, he was one of the good guys.

Quite honestly he was my all-time favorite character actor. I am far more inclined to recall him in a role/film I liked than the other way around.

Although "Game Over Man!" is surely what he will be most remembered for, it's the below line that added staggering depth & detail to his character.

From Edge of Tomorrow -

He directed "The Greatest Game Ever Played", a depiction of the Francis Ouimet/Harry Vardon battle in the 1913 US Open (golf). Have had it on DVD for years. Great story.

The death was due to a fatal stroke, suffered during post-op recovery, following heart surgery. So, sad. R.I.P. :(

The only actor to die by the hands of Alien, Terminator and Predator

Did he actually die? As an aside, the first guy to die in the Terminator scene is the future Alien Bounty Hunter from X-Files -

Bounty_hunter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom