My Marantz 2230 Rebuild Thread

Fresh thermal paste on these two, the original mica was perfect, so I reused them. Short night tonight - watching Bosch!

IMG_20170425_195500.jpg IMG_20170425_194225.jpg IMG_20170425_194110.jpg IMG_20170425_194003.jpg

Enjoying this thread. I'm in the middle of a move that's going to take three months or more. Bought a house needing work before I had mine ready to sell. Both are getting remodeling at the moment and all of my hobby stuff is packed up and stored. I'm having audio withdrawal and threads like yours help me cope. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm a little delinquent - I have some auto maintenance to do today. If I have some energy left over, I'll get into this Marantz tonight.

Just noticed you are near me. I should have enlisted you to help me move twelve Marantz receivers and five sets of heavy speakers. It took me several trips in an SUV, but I didn't trust movers to move them without damage. Hope you got your auto work done.

I have a pickup...
:biggrin: Good to know. I paid a moving crew $900 yesterday to move everything in my three car garage to the new house. It had to get emptied so I can get the floor resurfaced and epoxied before I put it on the market. There was a lot of heavy stuff in there and I just can't manhandle it any more.

PANO_20170506_150859.jpg

2013 Fiat Abarth changed the oil and filter, new rear brake pads and rotors, rotated the tires, cleaned out the shed. That was Saturday. Didn't do much Sunday but visit friends. I have a few more chores when I get home tonight, but I should be able to at least start another board.

Thank you kind sir! At the moment, I am debating a bicycle ride (very windy) or working on the receiver.

I will ALWAYS go on a bike ride before working on equip.
Ride during the day\afternoon
Work on equip after the sun goes down. But when the sun goes down late, I often don't have enough energy to stay up and work, LOL. Getting old, I am.

Yup, nice work on the 2230 - I repaired mine last year, then some minor upgrades but not as complete as you are doing.

So, after nearly a month's hiatus, I am back on task. I have to get the project line moving again. I did pick up a NIB Solomon SL-928 desoldering station for $150 during the interim - that should help speed up the process. I'll shoot some pictures in a bit.

I have everything I need as well to start my project but it's sure hard to get going with summer chores and riding season here.

IMG_20170607_182714.jpg

IMG_20170607_182732.jpg

IMG_20170607_184152.jpg

IMG_20170607_184826.jpg

IMG_20170607_185126.jpg

It took me a moment or two to locate the P500 board underneath the shroud.

On a side note, I didn't just goof off for a month. I learned how to roast and grind my own coffee! Now I'm really set for some long solder sessions! Well, I still need to hang a back board on the work bench......

Back
Top Bottom