Lafayette Radio Catalog Website or PDFs?

Not whole catalogs; I think there is a good part of one single year's catalog online... someplace.

I have quite a few from the 1960s and 1970s, though - what are you looking for?

Nostalgia, mostly. I had two old Lafayette amps, 10 watt and 20 watt, and a set of speakers . I can never remember their model #s.

Tube or SS? That would help narrow it down. Ever look on ebay or elsewhere to see if you recognize the amps in the pictures ?

They were solid state and came in a package with a Garrard turntable and a set of Criterion speakers.

so... here are a few suspects, umm, I mean candidates from 1970 - the low power end of the line. Remember that anything resembling power claims for these is pre-FTC and should be taken with a large crystal of NaCl.

LRELA750.jpg

LRELA224T.jpg

LREstereo25.jpg

LREstereo10.jpg

Thanks for the scans. The L224T was one of the integrated amps I had although I only remember it being 20 watt. The Criterion Model fifties were the speakers that I craved, but the ones I had were less rectangular and smaller. These would have come from the '68-'69 catalog. The set I got included the smaller speakers, Garrard turntable and a 10 watt amp that did not look like the setup in your scans. The twenty watt amp was something I traded some "green substance" for, about a year after the system arrived for Christmas. Just looking at these scans is a trip down a very pleasant Memory Lane. I thank you for them.

Last edited:
Do you have the catalog from 1976-1979 looking for a specific model of 12 Triaxial woofers. Similar to the sk 312 however the ones I am looking for have yellow foam surrounds with a ribbed paper cone

Those scans were great to look at! If it were possible and someone was inclined to do so, would anyone have the 1976 catalog (might also be in the 1975 as well) with the LA-84 4-channel amplifier and LT-10D tuner? I have that pair and have been watching on eBay for the catalog so I could have the actual full ads from them. There was also an optional CD-4 phono board that I was hoping would be described in there as well. The catalogs I've come across have either been too expensive to start or I've been outbid. That would be fantastic if someone has those, but thanks either way :)

Attachments

• Lafayette Quad Front.jpg
    Lafayette Quad Front.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Lafayette Quad Rear.jpg
    Lafayette Quad Rear.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I don't have the 1975 through 1978 catalogs. I had the 1977 catalog, from 1977 :p but somewhere across the ensuing decades it's gone missing. The 1979, however, stuck with me :)

I appreciate you trying mhardy6647! Actually, you did come very close awhile back and posted an LA-74 ad from the '74 catalog, unless I've mistaken the identity? Anyway, thank you :)

Lr800?

do you have anything on receivers in the early 60s,this one is a tube model. I believe this one is a rebaged Kenwood Trio model but not positive. anyway looking at one to purchace and would like to see the specs.

If I may resurrect an old thread - - -
I once owned a few items from the 1970-1 Lafayette Radio Electronics company store in my hometown.

If I recall correctly, the amplifier was a 100 W stereo (no radio receiver), and the speakers were 4 - way (12" woofer, ? ? ?).
No idea of the model number or photo.
(Lost to burglars in 1975)

Also bought a Kimberly Bass (Teisco / Kawai) by mail order, 1970 or 1969 catalog.
(Sadly, didn't hang on to it.)
Photo?

I love old catalogs! Have both the Stereo 10 & Stereo 25 myself...bought the 10 w/paper route $$$ as a kid & the 25 is a garage sale find. The 10 still works...the 25 needs surgery.

Old thread I know BUT....
Can anyone see if the LA-85TA stereo amp is listed in the 1969 (or maybe 68 or 70) catalog? There is a LA-85T and a LA-85TA. Need the latter. Trying to confirm they say it's 85 watts and what ohms 4 or 8. Thanks!

LRE LA85TA 1970 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

That's "85 watts" IHF. That means stereo (i.e., double the single-channel "music power" rating) and you can assume, in those days, a four ohm load. In other words, double the 8 ohm power. So if you back-extract.

85 watts -> 42.5 watts per channel music power per channel into 4 ohms or 21.25 into 8 ohms or probably about 15 wpc into 8 ohms in something closer to the FTC standard of 1974.

Best I can do.

Last edited:
Hello,
Looking for info on Criterion 2002a speakers. From some of the threads I see catalogs from Lafayette. Interested in 1977 to 1979. I'm sure there is info on these speakers in those years. Any help would be appreciated. Scans would be great to.

Pretty much the same as the previous 2002+, except the A doesn't have an inverted surround.
Maybe that will help your search.

Back
Top Bottom