Is this a good deal meridian 504 fm tuner??

PabloTincho

A guy is selling his meridian 504 fm tuner for $150, the only catch in the European version, I am located in the US, should I get it ?
what is the difference in a between a U.S tuner and a europen tuner ?

can you guys help me out ?

You will need a step up transformer to power it up. De-emphasis will need to be changed from 50usec to 75usec. I've worked on one before and found it to be a great sounding tuner. Well worth the $150. Do not recall right now without digging up a scat if there is a switch for the de-emphasis or if it requires some caps to be changed out. Pretty sure it would require some caps to be changed. Meridian may help with which caps and what value.

here is the scat, i can see a switch

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 504-fm-stereo-tuner-circuit-diagram.pdf
    221.4 KB · Views: 13
I just got an email from Meridain, I need 2 75uS Zero Ohm Links, where can I get those ?

Attachments

• 504 settings for territories.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 504 Radio board no links close up-3.jpg
    504 Radio board no links close up-3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26
Zero links sound like a piece of wire to me... I usually use the leads off a cap or resistor and just short/jump between those two holes.

It's not a resistor. A piece of wire will do. Just need to short out between those points. No special component needed. I said I would use the leads off of some component I replaced. Your shop should be able to do this no problem.

Back
Top Bottom