Kenwood turntables can we see what you have and tell us pros and cons.

Hopefully this year. The TX-1000 is next, simply because it's in the right spot and is nearly 100lbs I don't feel like moving.

good show so far. hope theres more than 3.
really? some threads have been open for 10 years? this has been what a few days. instant gratification lol, nice Kenwoods im drooling, i usually have to search through many many threads to get a glimpse of one of these amazing tables, this is great! Could take years to have some Kenwood owners post their tables on here. I will be waiting !

really? some threads have been open for 10 years? this has been what a few days. instant gratification lol, nice Kenwoods im drooling, i usually have to search through many many threads to get a glimpse of one of these amazing tables, this is great! Could take years to have some Kenwood owners post their tables on here. I will be waiting !
can never tell with this place.

600-1.jpg

KD-600 Fidelity Research FR-64s Koetsu Black

No speed adjustment, quartz locked at 33-1/3 or 45 rpm and the ergonomics are not a nice as the KD-500 but the 500 has the limitation of not being quartz locked, just an FG servo system for the speed control, probably plenty good. But the ergo on the 500 is better, start stop right there by the tonearm, slide the switch to start stop while doing that tonearm thing. The 600 start/stop are on the other side, using two hands or a long delay as one moves their hand across the table to and from the arm.

KD-500 Magnepan Unitrac 1 Ortofon MC30 Super

KD-500-Unitrac-Ortofon.jpg

Oh, and did I say that the smoked DC on the 500 with its unique hinge arrangement was cool and if in good shape still nice. The clear cover on the 600, a nice cover but not unique and not smoked. The additional pics below are the 500/Unitrac/Ortofon MC-20

Attachments

• KD-500a.jpg
    KD-500a.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 9
  • KD-500b.jpg
    KD-500b.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
All this Kenwood equipment and its really nice to see it but what about the turntables?
Kenwood made some pretty good ones didnt thay?
It would be nice to see them and hear what owners have to say about them.
Just a thought.
They sure did and one of them is a hands down Thorens TD-124 killer if you've ever heard one
Sore subject right now
Not being lazy, just hard to re-tell the story
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/im-very-sad-need-some-good-audio-karma-please.773245/

Last edited:
I have an original KD-5070, it works just fine. I like the direct drive and auto pick up. I got tired of changing belts on my Empire 598's

Thanks a lot guys. Now I'm missing my KD500 which I had for years. I sold it because I was bored and wanted something different

Recently was able to pick up a kd 3100 for $50, and that got started to build the system around it. Had to clean it up the interior and throw a new headshell and what not on it. So now I have a kr 750 coming and going to pick up a pristine set of KL 777 tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get it get it all hooked up and startle the neighborhood!

Attachments

• 2017-06-15 22.54.11.jpg
    2017-06-15 22.54.11.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 13
I've got 2x KD-1600 turntables and a KD-5100 that I'm trying to get up to scratch as it needs a lid and a counterweight

Last edited:
Ok! you win!. One of the best TT ever!

I didn't know that audio was a competition.

Yeah, those early ones suck ed, you should send it to me, i'll manage...;)

Fortunately he said he didn't have an early one or a late one but one of the mid-production tables based on his evaluation of the table, so I guess he'll probably keep it and neither of us will be the proud owner of a Kenwood L-series turntable.

I really like the look of the KD-5100 with the two wood looking inserts on the side, but I haven't seen a live one.

I have a KD-4100, and I've been chasing the 5100 for several years now...for no good reason, just appearance. My 4100 does the job, and I can't say I I'm not thoroughly happy with its performance. But, oh that 5100 is purty. And, I have this thing for straight arms.

I'm not convinced the 5100 is appreciably better than the 4100....but I still want one.;)

Cheers,
Larry B.

Back
Top Bottom