sticky fingers bbq sauce

2011etec

Anybody use this sauce.Saw it in the brand new Meijers store as i was invading Soo Michigan for gas.Got Carolina sweet and Memphis style.Is there a restaurant chain named stick fingers ?

I have tried a few of their sauces. What are you using it on?
My go to favorite of late is Bone Suckin Sauce. I use it mainly for ribs. It's not too sweet and has the right amount of vinegar and heat. I make my own rubs, but this sauce would be hard for me to improve on from scratch. The one I use is the original.
http://bonesuckin.com/

Our Meijer stores down here probably have it also.

A few sauces I've been fond of lately are the new Heinz BBQ sauces. There are eight varieties now, which use recipes from popular pitmasters around the country. They avoid the HFCS (which would have been an instant deal killer for me), and use natural ingredients, so I was eager to try them. I have liked three out of the four I have tried--the Memphis Sweet & Spicy, Kansas City Sweet & Smoky (similar to KC Masterpiece, a molasses-based sauce), and surprisingly the Carolina Mustard Style works fantastic with smoked pork. The one I tried that I do not like is the Carolina Tangy Vinegar Style--it seemed like it tasted from white (distilled) vinegar, and was too acidic. I prefer the Carolina vinegar-based sauce I got out of a Weber's cookbook instead. I stocked up on our favorites last time there was a sale. http://www.heinzbbq.com/

I don't know what all the fuss is about that Sweet Baby Ray's stuff, but once I read it contained HFCS, it went right back on the shelf. Ugh. And I haven't touched Open Pit in 15 years.

Making your own sauce is easy, they are mostly tomato sauce or mustard, vinegar and some kind of sweetener like molasses, brown sugar or honey. Add spices to taste!

Anybody use this sauce.Saw it in the brand new Meijers store as i was invading Soo Michigan for gas.Got Carolina sweet and Memphis style.Is there a restaurant chain named stick fingers ?
Yes there is a restaurant chain called sticky fingers but they aren't widespread, based out of memphis, and yes they sell the sauce in stores here in East Tennessee too. My girlfriend is from Memphis and that's the only BBQ sauce she buys

Mumbo is my favorite, a Chicago sauce brought up from Mississippi around 1950. You know, like Chicago Blues.

IMG_4122.JPG

I have been enjoying something completely different recently called Alabama White Sauce. A local Mom n Pop Bbq joint offers it and I like it for a nice change.

Google brings up easy recipes to make it. Try it and see what you think. It's mayo/horseradish based.

It is a small chain of Barbeque restaurants based out of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Their food is awesome also. Sticky Fingers is a superb place to eat. www.stickyfingers.com for more information!

It is a small chain of Barbeque restaurants based out of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Their food is awesome also. Sticky Fingers is a superb place to eat. www.stickyfingers.com for more information!

Yes there is a restaurant chain called sticky fingers but they aren't widespread, based out of memphis, and yes they sell the sauce in stores here in East Tennessee too. My girlfriend is from Memphis and that's the only BBQ sauce she buys

Sticky Fingers Ribhouse started in Mt. Pleasant SC, a Charleston suburb, as a Memphis-style BBQ joint by three guys from Chattanooga TN. The headquarters have moved around some, but is back in Mt. Pleasant these days I believe. I've eaten at the original location a few times, but don't use the bottled sauce.

Last edited:
As a Canadian you have access to the Diana Maple sauce, which is excellent. Also great is Gator Hammock Hog Wallow sauce for pork. The best sauce I have had in decades is the SFQ sauce from San Fransisco. Part BBQ sauce, part Mole. Heavy on chocolate and chilis. Amazing stuff. Not inexpensive, but the quality is definitely top notch. I tend to reserve it for ribs but its great for anything. I call it an "adult" BBQ sauce, not too sweet, very complex. http://sfqinfo.blogspot.com/

Sticky Fingers Ribhouse started in Mt. Pleasant SC, a Charleston suburb, as a Memphis-style BBQ joint by three guys from Chattanooga TN. The headquarters have moved around some, but is back in Mt. Pleasant these days I believe. I've eaten at the original location a few times, but don't use the bottled sauce.
Thanks for the correction, I had to prove it to her and you won an argument for me!

As a Canadian you have access to the Diana Maple sauce, which is excellent. Also great is Gator Hammock Hog Wallow sauce for pork. The best sauce I have had in decades is the SFQ sauce from San Fransisco. Part BBQ sauce, part Mole. Heavy on chocolate and chilis. Amazing stuff. Not inexpensive, but the quality is definitely top notch. I tend to reserve it for ribs but its great for anything. I call it an "adult" BBQ sauce, not too sweet, very complex. http://sfqinfo.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting about the SFQ sauce. It sounds real good. I'm thinking seriously of ordering some.

-Dave

With Ribs, if you can't eat them w/o sauce, they aren't done right.

I agree, I prefer my ribs and chicken wings with just a dry rub. When it comes to wings my thinking is that I did all this work to get nice crispy skin so I don't want to sauce them up. Other cuts of pork and parts of chicken are fine sauced up.

-Dave

I just got done with 6 lbs of pork loin ribs -4 hrs total smoking time 2.5 hrs uncovered, 1.5 hrs in foil with a nice wine marinade. They were dry rubbed also. They were fall of the bone good and so tender and moist :D

Let's see some pictures!

-Dave

IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0731.JPG
The Pig Wig always has great pork. This is a shoulder I bought last Saturday at the pig. Was a little over 20 lbs at 99¢ a lb. Carried it straight home, put on some rub and basted every few hours. It cooked for 16 hours on the grill. Here it is right before I wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler for another 4 hours. Ate a ton of it. Mostly bark. Gave the GF a big bag and I put four 2.5 lb bags in the freezer.

If your interested. It was cooked on indirect heat. Meat side down for the first 6 hours. I like the fat from the fat and skin layer to run down through the meat. Then I flipped it, meat side up for the last 10 hours, basting with a thin vinegar sauce every few hour. I use a 2 probe thermometer. I kept a surface temp of the grill around the loin at 230° and cooked to an internal temp of 205° I wrap in foil and throw it in a cooler for 4 hours or more if you want. This lets it continue cooking and softens the bark. It's still almost too hot to handle while chopping. I do a light chop. Kinda between pulled and chopped, throwing on a little vinegar sauce as I pack it. You can add more sauce if you want while eating it. I almost forgot. I filled my smoking tube 4 times with Hickory and Oak. You can see the little pepper flakes on the surface where I basted it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom