Is this Marantz ownership timeline accurate

I've seen that before as well.
I would tend to believe it as there probably isn't anyone still alive from that era to either corroborate or refute it.

Bob

Interesting read though, for Marantz fans like me. I'm interested in 1980 and older, and it seems roughly correct from my experience of owning many of the Marantz components, and looking at them from the inside of the chassis.

From the stories I have heard from an AKer who's father was in the know, the 1950s on look pretty accurate.

rob

I find it interesting that the timeline completely ignores the 22xx series of receivers, which had to be, by far, the best sellers for Marantz.

It completely misses the Model 2xxx solid state receiver line. I bought my 2275 in 1975, it's not listed.

Okay, left the page up but didn't refresh it. Covered two posts up.

I don't see how a company ownership timeline has much to do with all the different models of gear they produced. Isn't when something was made more of a question of when something was made than who owned the company? Proud Marantz owners and if all the favorites folks want in the timeline don't get mentioned the do in a follow up post.

For when it was built, classic audio has a couple different Marantz build dates on their site. Easy enough to find that special unit, its build date range and compare to the Marantz Ownership Timeline.

Back
Top Bottom