Tekton Owners Thread

wish he had a pic posted of the upcoming minis..has got me very curious...
Just a quick update..shot Eric a quick email today about the mini-ulf's and he got right back to me, said pics should be online/posted within the next week to two weeks..

Just a quick update..shot Eric a quick email today about the mini-ulf's and he got right back to me, said pics should be online/posted within the next week to two weeks..

I hope those pics are of the exact models that are about to roll out, because two sets of mini Ulfs are coming to Texas, no more than 20 miles from one another. I know another pair is going to Canada, but I believe those were ordered after mine.

For those of you with Pendragon's, do you run them full range or cross them over? Especially with home theater use and using a subwoofer.

I don't have the Pendragons but I do have the Enzo XLs which have Pendragon components and for 2 channel I run them at full range, no sub.
For movies the subs only see the .1 LFE channel and so far I like it.

I don't have the Pendragons but I do have the Enzo XLs which have Pendragon components and for 2 channel I run them at full range, no sub.
For movies the subs only see the .1 LFE channel and so far I like it.

So you run them full channel on home theater as well with subs?

Yes.
Like I said they only run on the LFE track on movies.
I may experiment crossing them about 40 Hz just to see what they sound like.

Could someone offer me your take on the Lore model? I heard of the Tekton on another thread and was clicking around on the Tekton site when I saw the Lores. The woofer has a wizzer cone. My only experience is that wizzer cones are the absolute worst attempt at highs, and to see a modern speaker with one, let alone for a grand, makes me scratch my head.

Pendragons are now on order. Yea baby!
Most likely will end up with the Decware SE34I.5 and the Oppo UDP-205

That will be one heck of a set up! You will love it. I was running my Pendragons off of the 2 watt set amp, the SE 84UFO Super Zen with an Oppo UDP-203 and it was magical. However I have moved on from my little Super Zen and went to a 5.1 system soon to be a Dolby Atmos system so went with a little more power. I miss the Decware though.

For those of you with Pendragon's, do you run them full range or cross them over? Especially with home theater use and using a subwoofer.

I have Seas Pendragon's & a Cinema sub ..
OPPO 205. &. Odyssey Audio (preamp 12au7 tubes) & Odyssey Audio (SS amp) ..
I could use the crossover on the OPPO , but I don't...
I run full range on the Speakers & cross the sub around 30-50 hz..
Only use the sub for fun .. Not really most of the time...
Critical listening done without sub on...

I'm curious as to why you would ever turn off your sub? Properly integrated with your Pendragons they would only kick in when there was content below the Pendragons capabilities. I run two subs in my two channel system and most people haven't a clue about them. And that's perfect because as long as they are properly integrated they should never call attention to themselves.

I'm not criticizing, WTH, you're the one with Pendragons and Odysseys. :) Just curious as to why you don't run the sub for music too.

Delta 77, a couple of quick questions.

1. Your Seas Pendragon's use 8inch drivers right? Does Seas make a 10inch version that would fit my normal Pendragons?

2. The Odyssey Audio preamp is an analog preamp right? So you are using the dacs in the Oppo? How do you like the 205 for critical 2 channel listening and SACD? I have the 203 and am thinking about upgrading.

3. And I have my Pendragons crossed at 40HZ and my SVS sub at around 60. Seems to be a real good combo. Fills in that bottom end authority where the Pens drop off. And I am in agreement with leaving the sub on. If blended good, the sub makes a big difference with all material. I mean I have listened to my Pens many times without the sub just for fun but I always prefer the sub in the mix with everything I listen to and watch.

View attachment 982414 I'm late to the party ( thread), but would like to chime in with my newbie experience with TEKTON and the high end audio game..
My system so far consists of: Apple TV -to- OPPO 205 -to- ODYSSEY Candela(pre) -to- ODYSSEY Stratos(amp) -to- TEKTON Seas Pendragon / Cinema sub ....

I don't believe I could be happier with TEKTON & ODYSSEY ,, the dollar/performance ratio is off the cart..
View attachment 982415 After attending (2) audio shows this year, lm still very happy with my choices of equipment...( I will upgrade the Apple TV next year)... View attachment 982417
It's better late than never, right? Judging by the sound of your posts at the "Show us Videos of your systems! Let's hear and see it!" thread, I'd definitely agree that you made a good choice - and the cabinet finish/color is awesome too.

Could someone offer me your take on the Lore model? I heard of the Tekton on another thread and was clicking around on the Tekton site when I saw the Lores. The woofer has a wizzer cone. My only experience is that wizzer cones are the absolute worst attempt at highs, and to see a modern speaker with one, let alone for a grand, makes me scratch my head.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess, or am I right about the wizzer cone being a super cheapola mistake by Tekton?

Would anyone care to hazard a guess, or am I right about the wizzer cone being a super cheapola mistake by Tekton?

I have a pair of Lore 2's. I don't think that the whizzer cone is a detriment in the design. I've been very happy with my Lore's.

-Dave

You've got to be careful on forums when you ask folks about certain watts being powerful enough for you. I listen with a lot of different people and I've got some friends that would tell you that they don't listen loud at all, yet to me it's VERY loud. I could bring a low powered amp to one persons house and they'd say that it drove their speakers fine. I could take that same amp to another location and even with the same speakers, that person would say the amp is unusable in the same sized room. Everything is relative so just be aware of this when you are asking advice.

Good advice, thx
I guess one other way to ask is in terms of db.
To me, 85db at 6 ft is plenty loud. Unfortunately my current sys sounds, well, just ok and I get a little fatigued after about 30 min at that level, which is the reason for the upgrade, only this time I'm going tube.

I Don't know ,
But my best guess on the subject of Eric's Lore series is,
They are Best for smaller rooms..compared to his larger speakers, "Pens,D.I., etc."..
For me,Either the 10" version or the 8" Seas version...if that's the size & budget your set on..
Must use a TUBE amp..,!!! Or a Pre with TUBES and Quality SS amp...
Most likely will need a sub or 2 ( for a balanced system) -- " more money , easily $300-$1200 "..

The $1600 Enzo or Enzo XL " MIGHT " be a better buy , with no real need for a sub...?
I really like the $1800 IMPACT looks very interesting to me,for normal listening levels ...
LOUD wears on you if you listen for hours on end...

The High Points of my system TEKTON/ODYSSEY/OPPO ,, I would say is,
The Imaging , Liveliness, & the Details...
On some Songs ( material) images just seem to Float around the room, the speakers "Almost Disappears"

I've heard better Tonal balance ... "VOLTI , RYAN". speakers at LAAS & The SHOW in Oakland this year..
But hey , I'm STATING here and now I'm a NEWBIE & still learning...

Thanks for listening to me , an Audio Nut,,,,Delta...

Some of the finest full range drivers use whizzer cones. Here's a pair of Freastrex D9e III that sell for $69,000. All Lowthers use them as well.

674.jpg

I'm curious as to why you would ever turn off your sub? Properly integrated with your Pendragons they would only kick in when there was content below the Pendragons capabilities. I run two subs in my two channel system and most people haven't a clue about them. And that's perfect because as long as they are properly integrated they should never call attention to themselves.

I'm not criticizing, WTH, you're the one with Pendragons and Odysseys. :) Just curious as to why you don't run the sub for music too.

sometimes when I, crank it up I hear " more details " ...
And the next day when listening at lower levels , I'll say to myself, "I didn't here that Detail yesterday,when it was cranked up"..

The system seems to give a better " Image / Placement of instruments / Details " , at medium levels..

Having only (1) woofer is killing me , & my stage...seems to pull the Bass Drum , and Low Bass notes to the side of the room with the woofer.. Omnipolar my @$$ ... It slightly smears the STAGE ,, (IMO)....

I need (2) woofers, but (2) 18" woofers won't really fit..(WAF) I Need to call Eric and ask for (2) 10" woofers???

Why am I doing " Critical Listening " .. ??
I upgraded the Power Cables..$$$ ---first ..
I upgraded the Speaker Cables..$$$ --- a month later ..
I'm upgrading the IC's next week...$$$

It's hard to believe,but these Speakers & Electronics are really good enough to hear the upgrades I'm making with the Cables ...But , I do hear improvements in (Instrument placement , Bass , Sound stage Width).. Yes I do..

It's hard to hear the differences that the Cables make , with the sub on..( bass guitar, drums, piano,organ,etc.)...

Believe me , when I want to have fun I use the woofer...It sounds waaay better than my previous sub..Definitive Tech.

Last edited:
Delta 77, a couple of quick questions.

1. Your Seas Pendragon's use 8inch drivers right? Does Seas make a 10inch version that would fit my normal Pendragons?

2. The Odyssey Audio preamp is an analog preamp right? So you are using the dacs in the Oppo? How do you like the 205 for critical 2 channel listening and SACD? I have the 203 and am thinking about upgrading.

3. And I have my Pendragons crossed at 40HZ and my SVS sub at around 60. Seems to be a real good combo. Fills in that bottom end authority where the Pens drop off. And I am in agreement with leaving the sub on. If blended good, the sub makes a big difference with all material. I mean I have listened to my Pens many times without the sub just for fun but I always prefer the sub in the mix with everything I listen to and watch.

1. Dunno

2. I really have no complaints on the 205, maybe the DAC could be warmer(tube) .. And I think there are better CDP's out there..
But I needed a DAC with remote volume control plus I needed to upgrade my CDP with a $1500 budget ...

Being a newbie I got confused with the Computer Audio & the vast amount of DAC's on the market ..
I felt ithe OPPO 205 would be a safe buy ..

If I knew more at the time of purchase, I would liked to have tried the "BOARDER PATROL" : tube DAC
And skip the CDP and get a high end music server " AURENDER", (much larger budget $3000-$4000)

3. I like the extended frequency as well, but having only one subwoofer seems to smear the stage a bit.. I'm looking around for the next Set of subwoofers..(2) ..
(IMO) having only one woofer seems to throw off the image..the placement of the bass guitarist, and bass drum as well as piano and organs..

Thanks for asking , Delta..

Back
Top Bottom