STAX DA-300

Archguy

Official Roiurama Factory Rep
Anyone know anything about these amps? Are they obtainable?
Wicked cool form factor & looks. And meters!!

1099396-stax-da300-amplifier.jpg

1099402-stax-da300-amplifier.jpg

stax.jpg

WE WANT!!! I wonder when this was ... late 70s early 80s???

They show up, but only occasionally. Watch for heat issues, seized fans compounding the heat issues. Expect to recap and replace power resistors and small transistors just from age at this point.
Otherwise, see my avatar. I really like their components, and feel they were a step ahead and a cut above everyone else. It's worth finding one.
That ad pic is from 1976.

Thanks for your response. Last night I read up on the company in detail. Fascinating story really.

Also learned that Rotel was English before it was Japanese. Learn something new every day
index.php

It is an interesting story. I think they reigned supreme from 1974-1990, the end of the family ownership. The components they came out with, just wow.
I hope you find a 300.

I've been using the Sra12s integrated amp pictured in the advertisement (right corner) for the last 3 days while my Adcom 750 is being worked on. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement,this thing is amazing. Throws a huge soundstage with no harshness in the upper registers. I wish it had balanced connection so I could pair it with a pair of SM-70 pro Monarchy Audio mini mono amps I have in storage.
This sucker runs hot being Class A. This also has hook ups for Stax headphones which i dont own.
Worth seeking out if you can find one,paid 350 for mine NoS from Stereo Exchange on eBay 2 years ago.
I bet that amp you have pictured is a fine sounding unit and it sounds as good as the SRA12S worth seeking out.
Hope this helps.
http://kenrockwell.com/audio/stax/sra-12s.htm

Last edited:
They show up, but only occasionally. Watch for heat issues, seized fans compounding the heat issues. Expect to recap and replace power resistors and small transistors just from age at this point.
Otherwise, see my avatar. I really like their components, and feel they were a step ahead and a cut above everyone else. It's worth finding one.
That ad pic is from 1976.

DA300 is one of the best amp that STAX design in the 70' s ! (1974 for the first here in France
if you want to buy one , you can, BUT , you have to double check inside and be sure that nobody touched it !
it is really reliable amp and dont need any recap (except on the both driver boards) !

Personnally , I did refix 3 of them

DA300-inside-view.JPG

to ds2000

I never get any news about your trouble with your big DMA-X2 STAX amp , not from you , not from your tech ..

DA300 is one of the best amp that STAX design in the 70' s ! (1974 for the first here in France
if you want to buy one , you can, BUT , you have to double check inside and be sure that nobody touched it !
it is really reliable amp and dont need any recap (except on the both driver boards) !

Personnally , I did refix 3 of them

View attachment 1071247

to ds2000

I never get any news about your trouble with your big DMA-X2 STAX amp , not from you , not from your tech ..
PM sent. We aren’t quite there yet.

I have a Stax DA-300. It's in nice shape, works great. I'd be willing to part with it, as it's surplus to my needs at this point. Feel free to email (ed@edsawyer.com).

Having never asked, I did not realize they had closed up shop. I have a set of earspeakers that have a intermittent break after the wire split at the headphones. If I sit perfectly still I'm okay. I was looking to buy a new wiring harness; so it looks like I have a problem now.

Hello

Which headphone do you have ? electret ? electrostatics ?

Cables are different for different models

Back
Top Bottom