Thieves

2011etec

Well it happened to me last night .Some lowlife scum stole my fishfinder right off my boat in the driveway.Did they take the 800 dollar prop just laying there,nope just a ff which is useless without the transducer etc.Unfortunately i live in Canada so i cant lay in wait and shoot or beat them to within an inch of their lives.I despise thieves and believe the middle east countries have it right where you lose a hand.Sure cuts down on theft!Just ticked off excuse the rant.

InI our burg b&e,s are out of control theres got to be a way to stop them.Sad part is without the transducer and power cable its useless.Does give me an excuse to buy a nice one next year i just hate people who steal other folks hard earned belongings and in my idiotic country theres pretty well zero consequences.I can always hope their stupid enough to try and sell it at the pawnbrokers or online in town.And most of the time they are that stupid.

Did they take the 800 dollar prop just laying there,nope

There's a "housing" development a few hundred yards from here that is full of drug addicts and derelicts that are constantly stealing from me and my honest neighbors. It's gotten to the point that we're better off to leave odds and ends out for them to steal so they don't eff up good stuff.

Back when they were building the Olympic village in China, scrap prices went ballistic, and junk that normally sold for $75 a ton got as high as $500. I had prepared a bunch of "stuff" for a scrap company to pick up and accidentally left one pallet outside. The thieves tripped over the stuff on the pallet to get to an old copper radiator that was there and stole it.

I sold the pallet the next day for $8000.00 - it was 2000# of scrap K-Monel that was going for $4/lb.

It's beyond me how people can think it is ok to take things that don't belong them.
The people they steal from are normally honest hard working people. If the law started breaking there hands when they cought them instead of saying poor you you take drugs you must have a problem, then they may think twice.

I leave my chart plotter/depth finder on the boat all season now. I suppose someone could steel it, but it would be a real bitch getting all the wiring loose and the transducer, forget about it, that puppy is epoxied in! Still when they are too stupid to realize that, what can you do.. Fire over their heads..

Last year someone stole a 32" Dynex TV from a back bedroom (value $40-my only tube) and a bucket of change. They left all my audio gear and several guitars, including my '62 Tele and Blues Deluxe amp. Thank goodness most thieves are idiots. All the other good shit's in a 900 lb safe, didn't even touch it.
I hate thieves, I'm glad I didn't catch them. They'd be fulla holes, and I'd be sued by decedents grieving relatives.

Most of these thieves are of the entitlement mentality. Never mind that you got out and worked hard to buy it they think it's not fair when they don't have the same things that you do. They won't work for it because it's easier to steal yours.

Don't work, do drugs, draw a check and steal from others. Makes me sick.

Years ago the cops opened up a pawnshop and they caught dozens of thieves in just a few weeks.It was just a cheap garmin stryker4 but thats not the point.Last time about 15 years ago it was a rake of all things.Oh up here they say poor you and let the scum go ,i say first offence take them out to the front of the courthouse and publicly cane them and allow homeowners to use whatever force is necessary.

Nearly 40 years here now and last summer is the 1st time for me. My neighborhood doesn't have an outlet so its one way in and one way out. I've always felt safe and safe enough that I used to leave my garage door up from dawn to dusk.
My air compressor and nice 50ft (real) rubber air hose disappeared. I think it was a 'one-off' but you never know.
Pretty lucky tho, my car keys were sitting in my car on the console...
Anyway, I keep the garage door shut all day now and I hate that.

Growing up in and living in Chicago has trained me. There is NOTHING in my yard out loose and I prefer the "bare look" - not leaving anything outside.

I have a shed, with NOTHING in it that I would be bothered to lose, in fact getting rid of the busted lawnmower that hasn't run in DECADES would save me a trip in hauling it out. If you look close at the lock - you would see it's unlocked.

Course the HOUSE is a different story. THAT'S not worth your life.

Sad part of it is they most likely will never use it or even needed it.Heck why not take the 500 dollar plus stainless steel prop that was sitting right there?Mark put your lawnmower out on the front lawn with a 25 dollar sign on it ,it will be gone(stolen).Works up here all the time,lol.

Last edited:
Of course we hate thieves. I'm with ya there.
Here in Des Moines, we're having an "epidemic" (exact word used by LEO) of B&E's and theft.
Officer said it's pretty much related to the epidemic of opioid addiction. That's a real issue (what, 35K people died last year from opioid overdoses?) that we need to get under control. And the fact that pharma companies are well aware of what they are doing is sickening. When legislation came up to try to curb the excessive distribution of opioids, the pharma companies spent $millions and got it blocked. The rash of thefts in my city is the result, IMO.
Pay attention people, we are being poorly used for the purposes of corporate profit.
'Nuff said and not too close to politics, I think?

I will be installing an alert alarm in my garage this next spring. All I want is something that triggers 2 semi truck horns(!) mounted to each side of the inside of the garage door. There is already DC power that runs next to each of the garage door rails that operate the safety feature that raises the door or keeps the door from shutting if something is blocking the beam. I figure it shouldn't be too difficult to configure and install. I'm thinking 12V car batteries will figure in here, I'm just not sure yet.
End result would be if/when someone breaks the plane/threshold of the garage when the door is open the horns will go off.

TE-TE ,cant do that in wussy canada.Thieves are a protected species though i firmly feel you should be able to use whatever force is necessary to hold them till the cops get there.I have zero sympathy for these scum what so ever.The pawn shops have the sin number and their really good at turning in thieves in this town.Somebody else around me lost a genny that same night according to the cops.As other people have also said in this town theres a bad drug problem with morphine,perc and meth.Hopefully when pot becomes legal next july they will be too lazy to steal or we can distract them with a bag of cheezes.

In my state guns are legal - even open carry. Hell, in my town there are more guns than teeth! But, if you shoot someone even legally here you're probably going to have to go thru a legal/civil/criminal mess that would drag on forever, plus, if you shoot someone doing a stealin'ization of your stuff, it'll more than likely be in the back - they ain't going to be turning around to look at you so....
But, I know how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom