Looking for "streaming clock radio"?

joekapahulu

I'm looking for the equivalent of a stereo clock radio that has WiFi and a receuver capability so I can stream music off the internet. It also should have clock radio functions like alarms, sleep timer, etc. I cant believe this doesnt exist but have had no luck in searching for it.
Anyone seen or have one of these?

Take a look at the Amazon Echo Show.

Google is supposed to have a similar unit coming to market in the near future.

I don't know what the current offerings are for the most recent versions of the Bose Wave Radio series of products, but I'd hit up the Bose website.

Amazon Echo has all sorts of alarms. No physical clock face, but there's a new version coming soon that has a small round screen. If you need one that sounds WAY better, get a Sonos One.

Sangean WR-22 is an option. No wi-fi, per se. But it has Bluetooth, USB input, AM/FM, alarms... I have this in black/walnut. Great sound. Remote. Excellent reception. I hook my iPhone and Macbook to it (they have wi-fi).

WR-22%20B_03.jpg

i have a google home mini. it does all you want, but doesn't have a display, you command it by voice.
"what time is it?"
"set an alarm for tomorrow at 7am"
"play supertramp"

etc. $79 Canadian Dollars. does not have bluetooth, it streams media from the google play store (where you can upload your own music), some other sources, not sure about which, i use free google play

If you already have a good sounding radio with an aux in, just get a Dot to stream from thousands of sources via voice command.

IMG_20171030_185443.jpg

If you already have a good sounding radio with an aux in, just get a Dot to stream from thousands of sources via voice command.

View attachment 1035599

Echo dots are on the Aux inputs of all my vintage receivers and upstairs I have a tiny class D Orb Audio amp hooked up to a pair of thrift store bookshelf JBL speakers that sounds great. But it's also big (bookshelf speakers won't fit on a nightstand).

The Dot is $10 off today if you want to go that route. The upcoming Echo Spot ($129) has a screen and line out/ Bluetooth, so you can pair it (like the Dot) with a lot of different radios and speakers. As someone mentioned, I use my iPhone on a stand and it gets the job done.

Some of these companies should build Chromecast into their units. I'm sure it could be licensed cheaply enough. So long as a clock radio has WiFi access, it would be ideal. I would even be open to a clock radio that had an auxiliary input, so I could plug a Chromecast Audio into it.

Bluetooth is still a flaky technology IMHO--it works whenever it's in the mood to work, and some are more reliable than others. That said, the condo I stayed at in Breckenridge had a clock radio with Bluetooth, and I was able to connect to it with no problem and stream Pandora during the evening hours.

You might look at the Grace Digital (Mondo) Radio. It is an alarm clock that picks up internet radio plus Pandora. It has a color screen as well. Priced around $160.

You might look at the Grace Digital (Mondo) Radio. It is an alarm clock that picks up internet radio plus Pandora. It has a color screen as well. Priced around $160.
The Mondo+ also has Chromecast built in. Way outside my gifting budget this year, but I've bookmarked it for future reference. ;)

Cheaper solution,
Basically any alarm clock with an aux input and then a CC Audio.
Done.
Oh, but that doesn't have bluetooth - heh, so your clock radio with BT and aux input.

Back
Top Bottom