Any Interest in Another Chicago-Area Get Together?????

Up to you guys. Only one response in 2 weeks so I'll wait for more responses. My garage 2nd story location will be heated so time of year is of no concern.

Sorry, I rarely check this forum.

Of course I'm in, barring some unforeseen scheduling conflict.
Maybe I could bring my Magnavox 9302 amp that I've modded per Dave Gillespie's advice.

I might like to join you and meet members. Share some audio experiences. Depending on weekend, travel time and weather, from Rockford. I enjoy the N. Ill and S. Wisc gettogethers I've been to.

Looking for a date in February that avoids the Super Bowl weekend.

The Superbowl is feb 4th.
Feb 10, 11 or 25 look best to me, but I'm flex on most of the other weekend days too.

Same boat when I organized my "gathering" for June of this year. If I recall correctly, I put up the thread in early April, but it sat dormant for quite a while. I "bumped" it numerous times for attention, and after all was said and done, 12 members attended. I had a few members that wanted to attend, but responded the day of the get together, unfortunately, I was so busy setting up, I never got to my laptop to acknowledge them.
Up to you guys. Only one response in 2 weeks so I'll wait for more responses. My garage 2nd story location will be heated so time of year is of no concern.

February 24th it is. Garage may not be perfect but we'll have fun regardless. More later.

Sounds good. Let me know when get closer, what I can bring for food & beer (if welcome) wise.

Last edited:
I plan on making chili or something similar.

In the four or five previous events I've hosted I have asked people to bring their own beer/wine etc. along with a desert/snack to share.

Of course equipment is expected along with software (records, cds, etc.). I usually appoint someone to make sure that we get to hear them all. I've got a fair amount of equipment here and with my two-story garage, I have two locations for systems there along with two more in my tiny cabin next door.

Looking forward to it and more info will be provided later.

February 24th it is. Garage may not be perfect but we'll have fun regardless. More later.
Sounds good. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I should be there. How big is the listening room and what size speakers should one bring?

Back
Top Bottom