KSC1845 not available, suggestions?

I'd actually like to measure the noise differences between ksc1815 and ksc1845. I know someone who is subing ksc1815/a1015 on a 950, I'll ask him if he notices any difference.

If the panic was that big, they would be gone, already. I guess for electronics industry, it is just another obsolete transistor almost never used, anymore. 4000 is 200 euros only,
You post 200 pieces less in one week, it is alike 10 euro's 8 pounds 12 dollars

10000 pieces in a year makes 500 euros retail price at a big supplier.

Thinking about it this way, the demand is so low, it will soon be obsolete as there is no reason to produce it.

I wonder, what one production run of one type of small transistor costs.

Now, about this very few amps I do, I just realize I have used over 15 of these transistors out of my 100 pieces stock already. ;)

Last edited:
I ordered 50 KSC1845s from Mouser on November 8, the current delivery date is now February 12 after being knocked back three times...

I'd go for the RS stock, but they don't ship to the US (they redirect to Think Allied, which has none). However, for $40 you can currently get 50 2sc1845s from B+D Enterprises, although this sucks compared to Digikey's price of $75 for 2,000 KSC1845s when they are in stock. Express Technology Group and 4StarElectronics both advertise available stock, but has anyone ever used them? Doesn't seem like they are geared toward the hobbyist because they want you to request a quote.

I will look into the KSC1815s (lower voltage KSC1845, right?), but will have to check that they are compatible in all the places I need them. Off hand, does anyone know of typical places where the KSC1815s wont cut the mustard? (e.g., locations in a Pioneer SX 828 or Yamaha CR 1020) Obviously, I can sift through the circuit diagrams if necessary...

I caved and bought 25 x 2sc1845s from B+D Enterprises so I could finish a couple of projects before March! Their stock is currently about 300.

We shall see if they change the device print.
I will look into the KSC1815s (lower voltage KSC1845, right?), but will have to check that they are compatible in all the places I need them. Off hand, does anyone know of typical places where the KSC1815s wont cut the mustard? (e.g., locations in a Pioneer SX 828 or Yamaha CR 1020) Obviously, I can sift through the circuit diagrams if necessary...
High voltage ckts above the Vce ratings.

but are the 1815s able to be complimentary to the 992? I try to match all 8 up when doing inputs and mirrors. I find the 992s lag on hfe by 20 points on average and that translates into about 10-12mv DCO on a non adjustable machine. at least from my experience. when I match them by using low hfe 1845s and higher 992s, I get 1-2mv DCO on non adjustable machines.

I know echos 'git in there' threshold is above 25mv but on a complete rebuild I wanna be as dead on balls accurate as possible.

i headed it off at the pass and ordered 1000. at that quantity they are like 4 cents each.

ps, for reference, I think in some old notes I found that A1015 is complimentary to C1815....if my notes dont suck, thats a sticky item

Back
Top Bottom