Show us your Technics stuff

This thread brings back memories. My first stereo, bought in college, was built on a SA5370, so I followed the changes to Technics amps/receivers until the early 80's.

I drool over the silver knob/black/bronze faced versions of my SA5370 available in Europe. Why did we only get plain old silver?

Well, you had the SA-1000....

I recently rebuilt an SA-5370, I do like them too.

s-l1600.jpg

Well, you can make jokes about it, but it is a bridge rectifier :D

Quite an uncommon place there btw, but in the sense of cooling the thing it probably works well.

Nice range of components indeed! I reckon the A1000/A2000 are for home theater and the two 3000 for actual music listening?

@jeromach: it's quite interesting to see this config in one of Technics receivers. This clearly looks like what they later marketed as a "Concentrated Power Block" (CPB), apparently even with the bridge rectifier (lol what a pun indeed) at the same spot.

Hi MacPhantom, you are correct. I wanted to keep the music listening and AV system separate hence the 3000’s running my two front speakers (bi-amp configuration). The rear L/R speakers are taken care of by the 2000 and the centre is taken care of by the 1000. The four Atmos and rears are taken care of by the Pioneer itself. I used the front pre out from the Pioneer into input Line 1 on the SU-C3000 and it works well for me. I am keeping my eyes open for a second SE-A2000 as I wish to bi-amp the rears. The 1000 is fine for the centre as it is rated at 95W per channel @ 4ohms rms and Kef recommend amp power to be between 50-200W. Cheers.

Are the rack handles on the Pioneer detachable or integral part of the faceplate? If detachable, can you tell which model are they? I'm curious because these have indent around the screw slot and I can't locate them in the 70's Pioneer brochures. Found model JAR 102 but it has no indent. Maybe the indent was engraved additionally to fix a cosmetic damage done by screws? Thanks

jetstream- hello , the handles are from AKAI , 12-13 cm height so they can fit almost on every unit with that size , i put them just for appeareance , stick them with 3M adesive tape, pioneer has made only one kind of rack handles , they look like this..

qow2nt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom