bluetooth transmitter for pc

orsen

Jukebox Hero
Subscriber
i would like to send tunes from my pc to a BT speaker in another room
i am thinking this will do what i want https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...0620305.aspx?icmp=Recos_4across_cstmrs_ls_vwd

but once conected, how does it show in windows sound devices or is that even where it will show

will it mess with jriver and vlc?
i would like to use a different program than those ( i dont want anything messing with the config of those]

so i would try something like musicbee as a stand alone just for blue tooth,
or even just windows explore and "send to" if that even possible

any ideas?
tia

No experience with one, but I don't think Windows will interact with it at all other than noting that something is plugged into the audio-out jack. It's not a sound device.

Fifty bucks for this thing is crazy, IMHO. I would check aliexpress for an equivalent product.

Look in your PC control panel for Bluetooth settings and add a device. Put your speaker/bluetooth device in pairing mode and it should find it and pair. Connect...music plays. It will not mess with your other programs.

Doesn't the transmitter portion just plug into an analogue 3.5mm headphone jack on the PC?

Yes I am sure, your computer doesn't interact with it digitally. Just think of this device as a 33 foot long RCA cord without the cord! Remember that BT doesn't do walls very well.. $50 seems high but it works both transmit and receive. Sounds like you only need to transmit.

You can use any BT dongle on USB to strem music to BT speaker. Windows will be recognize that speaker as Audio playback device. Any BT dongle cost few $.

EDIT:
BT is capable to transmitt at max 10m.

For future reference, this little dongle, the Taitronics transmitter (plugs into headphone jack), is good for about 50 feet. Does the trick. No need to pay for receiving capability if all you need is transmission. My dad uses it to send signals to his Bose noise-cancelling headphones. He plays Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and cannot hear my mom. All is good.

Edit: Runs on (and comes with) USB.

I`m use WiFi transmitter to transmit audio from analog audio output from living room to wireless headphone receiver which is in other room and it work perfect. My turntable is in living room but PC computer is in bedroom. Range is 150 feet.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
so the one ordered
says [AUX & OPTICAL: Supports both analog (RCA/3.5mm aux audio) and digital (optical) input and output! ]
so i will try optical
[LONG RANGE: Utilizing Class 1 Bluetooth technology and an optimized antenna design, the Avantree Oasis can achieve a range of up to 150ft (50m) line-of-sight in open air and up to 50-70ft (20-30m) indoors.]

i want to send flac from the pc to the portable speakers. instead of youtube from my phone.

once this is working, i am looking at putting together my own BT speakers using a class d amp and some speakers i have sittiing here

tia

well i had hoped to play with it this this weekend.
but as it turns out, i get to deal with some kind of shipping mess.
amazon says it shipped and should have arrived 2 days ago, via canada post
it didnt
funny thing is i i work for canada post, my home is on my route, so i would have delivered the parcel to me.
canada post has zero tracking info, amazon should have shipped it to toronto or missassauga and it would come to me.
right now amazon says we shipped it...canada post saying you bought a shipping label and didnt ship
so now i am waiting on amazon

well i had hoped to play with it this this weekend.
but as it turns out, i get to deal with some kind of shipping mess.
amazon says it shipped and should have arrived 2 days ago, via canada post
it didnt
funny thing is i i work for canada post, my home is on my route, so i would have delivered the parcel to me.
canada post has zero tracking info, amazon should have shipped it to toronto or missassauga and it would come to me.
right now amazon says we shipped it...canada post saying you bought a shipping label and didnt ship
so now i am waiting on amazon
i know the feeling . ordered 4 things early dec / still chasing 1 item . ins for damage claim sorted after the courier problem .

"
Hello,

I'm sorry you haven’t received your package.Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you.

I've checked your order and can see that it is still in transit.

I've contacted the carrier and asked them to deliver the package as soon as possible.

Most packages that are late show up shortly after the estimated delivery date.

If your package still hasn't arrived by January 14, 2018 , please contact us through the link below, and we'll be happy to provide a refund for you."

so i get $8 shipping refunded
Jan 14 is a sunday, canada post does not work sunday's LOL
i am the delivery agent for that parcel... i really really know, it aint coming sunday

its finally here
took all of ten minutes
to set up
its paired to a tiny sony BT speaker
this way i get my flac files from the pc sent to the speaker instead of youtube from my phone
my house is an old wartime home
stucco exterior thats been redone with aluminum siding
this plays anywhere in the house... tho i found 1 dead spot about a foot long
i can take it out in the back yard and it still works... its snowing to beat hell here atm so i dont know how far outside i can go
i tried both the 3.5 analog and the optical
the optical is noticeably better
windows is not too happy with my multiple sound devices and i dont want to be switching devices in players
i added musicbee as a player and set it use the optical out as default... it didnt remember this the first time i shut it down
i set it up again and seems to remember

so now my emotiva pre/dac defaults to jriver
musicbee defaults to the BT transmitter
and all others, VLC, movies, youtube,web pages, ect go thru windows default ... my pioneer avr

so if i drop a folder into musicbee .. its bluetooth ... i set no defaults for file types and did not build a library
i just drop a folder on the musicbee icon, it opens and goes bluetooth
my jriver library is unaffected .. by default all my flac and hi rez files open jriver.... unless i drag and drop them on musicee
all else goes to the avr

i have played all 3 at the same time.. bunch of noise ... but they all work

not sure what will happen with a reboot or power failure
quick set up does what i want

next project...... using some small speakers i have ..... like minimus 7 or titans or atoms ect
paired to a BT enabled class t or d amp for a decent portable BT speaker for around the house or backyard

Back
Top Bottom