Amazon Will Be Your Next Shipper

KingBubba

"Too Much Stuff"
Reported on ABC news tonight, "Shipping with Amazon" will be the company name. It will try out in L.A. Big competition for the rest of the shippers.

thats another reason for me not buy anything from there .. its like that already for me as they dont say what courier is being used so its pot luck if i get my order or not . certain couriers wont deliver here because they are owner drivers and dont like our track . and are way under paid . or some will leave at a cottage down the end of our track which we dont have any agreement with to take items for us thus bothering our neighbours .

Putting on some big pants they are. We'll see how it all comes out. Taking over health care, now into cross country shipping. Selling cars?

I heard they were developing their own military ... wonder if the "delivery" vehicles will have tracks on em? ;-}

Reported on ABC news tonight, "Shipping with Amazon" will be the company name. It will try out in L.A. Big competition for the rest of the shippers.

Just about everything I have had delivered through Amazon has arrived damaged to a degree. They package things so quickly they don't even bother to add any fill to protect. They simply get a box and shove your item in loose and tape it up. That's been my experience. I even had to send an email to complain and all I get is the usual spiel. "We are very sorry"..... bla bla bla.
You think they would improve ? Nope.
Buyers beware.

Your lucky if you get an air pillow in the box no matter how big the box is. Only thing I have seen that was packaged well was records because they use good mailers (so far)

At this rate Jeff Bezos will own all of Earth by 2050.
I get the impression he doesn't sit around much?

At this rate Jeff Bezos will own all of Earth by 2050.
I get the impression he doesn't sit around much?
By that token, I'd strongly urge Jeffrey to get off his ass in the packaging department and start showing some respect for other people's property otherwise he may only own 1/3 of the earth by 2050..

By that token, I'd strongly urge Jeffrey to get off his ass in the packaging department and start showing some respect for other people's property otherwise he may only own 1/3 of the earth by 2050..

The other two thirds damaged in shipping.

Dayum, isn't it strange how diff ppl have diff experiences? Maybe it's the type of items I order - I can't remember a single item arriving damaged in years...
I'll keep thinking, maybe I'm forgetting something, LOL, I do order quite a bit of stuff from Amz.

Dayum, isn't it strange how diff ppl have diff experiences? Maybe it's the type of items I order - I can't remember a single item arriving damaged in years...
I'll keep thinking, maybe I'm forgetting something, LOL, I do order quite a bit of stuff from Amz.
think it depends on your location . lots of variables with like couriers and distance travelled to get to you . plus of course how easy the item will break .

I ordered a batch of CDs once. All arrived smashed to pieces.
***holes.

Another item arrived and the original packaging was squashed. I like to keep the original packaging and expect it to arrive the same way it was purchased.
The box they put it in was hollow. No fill, not even a layer of bubble wrap.
Bloody hopeless.
I shudder the thought of purchasing through Amazon.

Wal-Mart now has free shipping and no annual fee.

Competition is heating up.
Do you guys have to pay an annual fee for Costco over there ?
When Costco came to Sydney several years ago I was shocked at this idea.
I think it's totally ridiculous to have to pay for membership to shop at a bricks and mortar store.

Yes, Costco is a 'membership' deal. Their spiel is that they make their profit off the memberships rather than marking up the goods.

We buy enough (doesn't take much) that we rate an 'executive' membership. Then we get an annual rebate that's bigger than the membership fee. So we're money ahead!

Just saving $.05-.10/liter on gas at Costco vs. other places makes it worth it for us.

Back
Top Bottom