Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Interesting!
....are the shades made of glass, paper, other?
The shades are glass, I'm speculating they are made in the manner of end of day glass, but with the same or nearly identical colours to give that blended cloud like varying transparency. The rest is nickel and wood.
Know the age?
I would estimate 1920's to late 1930's.

p.s. Winnipeg, you should check out the WNMF, Philip Glass is playing this year among others.

Sorry but you knew this was coming from someone.....there's a lovely lady out there somewhere with a pretty exaggerated limp!!! ;)

Sorry but you knew this was coming from someone.....there's a lovely lady out there somewhere with a pretty exaggerated limp!!! ;)
I think she now works at the I Hop

Everyone has seen the Laurel 'Mushroom lamps' - unsure of who was designing for Laurel in the 60's but they certainly had a flair for lighting. There are some much rarer 'cube' shade versions as well. These had very much shorter bases and came in all the colors of the other Laurel 'shrooms - yellow, green, orange, white, black, polished aluminum, and brass. But the shades were squat cubes - still hand blown in a mold, and still acid etched just like the big mushroom lamps. We have two of these guys - a blue and a black base. Have to be super careful with these shades though if you find one - there are no repros made for these very delicate shades.

Sorry no close up on this one - right side of the credenza.

20160925_185250.jpg

Everyone has seen the Laurel 'Mushroom lamps' - unsure of who was designing for Laurel in the 60's but they certainly had a flair for lighting. There are some much rarer 'cube' shade versions as well. These had very much shorter bases and came in all the colors of the other Laurel 'shrooms - yellow, green, orange, white, black, polished aluminum, and brass. But the shades were squat cubes - still hand blown in a mold, and still acid etched just like the big mushroom lamps. We have two of these guys - a blue and a black base. Have to be super careful with these shades though if you find one - there are no repros made for these very delicate shades.

Sorry no close up on this one - right side of the credenza.

View attachment 1122336
Love the Laurel lamps, BTW great room love the MC

Back
Top Bottom