Time frame 600 or ohm Walsh 2

I am overstocked on speakers or I would consider buying both. Opinions on these two sets of speakers. I have briefly listened to ohms and never had a chance to hear the TG 600's.

Never heard Timeframes of any version, but Walsh 2s are an acquired taste. Best to go hear both before deciding.

I'm always looking at different stuff and getting back into this hobby. Asking for opinions help when considering a change. Opinions are just that but if a majority of people say a "this" speakers has a similar sound to a "that " speaker which I may be familiar with might help with a choice. As far as overstock, I have quite a collection of modest stuff but not near to some on here.

Hey Scott. How about a list of your speakers and a brief on how they sound and or compare to each other. Over the years I have had a lot of variety in speakers and electronics. Having a chance to listen to a variety of equipment in your venue is a valuable asset for evaluation. Yes. I understand the addiction of the search!

Thanks for the replies and I appreciate the input frommerstop. I've been watching both of these local. Not sure how the wife will like another set of speakers. I tell her I have a lot of amps so I need speakers for them. Ha ha!

Thanks for the replies and I appreciate the input frommerstop. I've been watching both of these local. Not sure how the wife will like another set of speakers. I tell her I have a lot of amps so I need speakers for them. Ha ha!

I haven't had any luck with that argument. :dunno: Oh, and welcome to AK. We'll supply you with all sorts of good excuses. :thumbsup:

Happy to have found audio karma! Thanks to everyone. I might have to pull the trigger on the ohm Walsh 2. They seem to have quite a following so if they weren't my taste I'm sure someone would be interested in them.

Neither are a dog. Boils down to personal preference assuming you can audition both.

My opinion, The Ohm Walsh 2 win ... They take up less space but have a huge sweet spot.

If you have the room/space to properly locate the ohms, I’d go with them. Different is cool!

Speaking of space, the TF600 uses rear tweeters so the need to be pulled out into the room a bit, whereas the Walshes are meant to be no more than a foot away from the back wall for optimum bass response.

I am a big DCM fan. I recommend the TF600s. I have a pair and for me it does everything right. Some, including me say that the TFs are a bit weak on bass. Being run by an SX-1280 tends to somewhat take care of the issue with gobs of overhead. I have these setup in a stack with a pair of Klipsch Quartets; so system wide, I have no bass problems. As I have never heard a pair of Walshes, I would go for them, just to see what they are like. Back when they were first introduced, I wanted a pair badly, but did not make enough money. Have fun with your decision. I think this will be a case of a great choice for either of them.

Show your wife pics of the Walsh 2 and how cool and modern they look - obelisk vs. monolith.

You bowl? Tell her the Walsh is an interpretive bowling trophy that sounds awesome.

You will never be displeased by their older products. If they are priced right you will never regret it.

i like TF600 though mine are not currently in use...but the TF are a very enjoyable speaker. No ear fatigue here.. The tweeters are weakspot so make sure all 3 are working. rehab can be a pain but the speakers are worth the effort. lots of info on ak about these.

Back
Top Bottom