Water water under there?

RickeyM

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Does anyone have any experience with under-counter water filters? I'm planning to install one for the kitchen sink and I'm looking for any advice or tips for the job along with recommendations on which unit to buy. Right now I have a Britta pitcher which I like but having to fill it 2 or 3 times a day is getting old.
Any info or advice is welcome.

We have an Aquasana under-counter (under sink) filter system, and really like it. They ship a new set of filters (3), *every six months. They're really easy quick on/off filters within individual housings (all on one bracket). We've had it for several years now, with very good results; no complaints.
https://www.aquasana.com/?discountcode=adlucent&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[ADL] [Brand] Top Keywords - Generic - Unspecified (Exact)&utm_term=aquasana&utm_content=Aquasana&kwid=9727696906x391169443x41129136

re: customer service
Grade AAA service. Great company.

* confirmed by Sarge, the Spousal Unit, and the post below.

Last edited:
I have a Whirlpool RO system. Its meant for under-counter use but I have it in my utility room to feed the ice maker in the freezer. My old well had really foul water, and it was the only way to get ice cubes that weren't yellow. Seems to work fine, but the flow rate is not excellent so don't be in a big hurry to fill cups. Water tastes fine, if a wee bit flat.

If you can not use one of those vampire tap things to pierce the pipe, go that route. Those things are leaks waiting to happen.

You can read all the reviews regarding efficacy, but an important consideration is the cost of replacement filters, and these can vary pretty wildly. I too have Aquasana (3-stage) and it was an easy install and relatively small size. For mine, they recommend filter replacement every 6 months, but a lot of that depends on level of use. The newest models will even notify you when the filters need to be changed. Great performance, but (depending on model) the three-stage filter replacement run from ~$50-80 (for the set). They do offer discounts and I guess what you would call a "subscription" for "water for life" which includes free shipping and (allegedly) best price for the replacements.

If you can not use one of those vampire tap things to pierce the pipe, go that route. Those things are leaks waiting to happen.

All of the ones I've seen no longer use those taps. There are even some in cartridge form with lines attached that connect to the fitting on the water supply line on the inlet side and to the connection on the faucet fitting on the other end.

The water here isn't really bad but water from our Brita pitcher and bottled water tastes better. If I can get to that level of taste/purity straight from the tap, it'd be fine with me.

Does anyone have any experience with under-counter water filters? I'm planning to install one for the kitchen sink and I'm looking for any advice or tips for the job along with recommendations on which unit to buy. Right now I have a Britta pitcher which I like but having to fill it 2 or 3 times a day is getting old.
Any info or advice is welcome.
Sorry for digging the old post, I've seen it recently through searching the solution for my water filter problem similar to yours! I thing (@gadget73) this guy has given the best solution..

Back
Top Bottom