Weird Gloabal Shipping Ebay experience

mchriste

I'm I very low volume seller on ebay and I recently sold a Sherwood S1000 II to a dude in Toronto CN through the GSP. It got to the spot in KY Friday last week and just today I check in on it, wondering if he's received it yet had this message from eBay:

"We are writing to inform you that your recent transaction sold through the Global Shipping Program to [*****] cannot be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/shipping restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item will not be shipped forward to its final destination and will not be returned to you.

Don’t worry! Your buyer will be notified and refunded automatically by eBay within 72 hours. You will retain the buyer’s original payment. At this time, the transaction is considered complete, and no further action is needed.

Visit our help page to learn more about item eligibility, dimensional requirements, and prohibited items."

I thought it was weird, I checked, it is clearly not a restricted item... and where the hell is the amp now?

I'm I very low volume seller on ebay and I recently sold a Sherwood S1000 II to a dude in Toronto CN through the GSP. It got to the spot in KY Friday last week and just today I check in on it, wondering if he's received it yet had this message from eBay:

"We are writing to inform you that your recent transaction sold through the Global Shipping Program to [*****] cannot be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/shipping restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item will not be shipped forward to its final destination and will not be returned to you.

Don’t worry! Your buyer will be notified and refunded automatically by eBay within 72 hours. You will retain the buyer’s original payment. At this time, the transaction is considered complete, and no further action is needed.

Visit our help page to learn more about item eligibility, dimensional requirements, and prohibited items."

I thought it was weird, I checked, it is clearly not a restricted item... and where the hell is the amp now?

Maybe all the single socks were throwing a party and it's now in the "Twilight Zone"

You're right, really weird.

Someone else just recently posted a very similar happening with a tube amp and vintage tubes headed to the EU--product was denied entry due to "hazardous materials" in its construction.

I seem to recall a thread about vintage stuff getting intercepted like this, and being resold. Maybe someone else can enlighten us to the thread.

Edited to add thread link.

Last edited:
Yup, had stuff blocked going to Brazil.
I’ve had other stuff blocked going ???

Canada is not listed in locations for GSP on some of my stuff.

Trade wars, tariffs, complicated import export restrictions. It’s a nightmare.

Whatever you do, NEVER tell boarder people you are hauling equipment for WORK! Especially computers. Made that mistake once. OMFG!

Without getting polical, the spew in the news about global trade seems to have caused a lot of reaction or over reaction,

Global buyers are squealing about import duties and asking for smuggling.

When I checked European mailing, I was amazed at how many countries do not have confirmed delivery available. I expected that in second and third world countries but western Europe!?!?

Seems like there are more s-holes in the world than I thought.

We take a lot for granted in the USA.

When I checked European mailing, I was amazed at how many countries do not have confirmed delivery available. I expected that in second and third world countries but western Europe!?!?

Apparently, Italy is one of the worst countries to ship to--many international sellers will not ship to Italy--there is no tracking and things of value seem to "go missing" rather frequently.

UPDATE: The amp I sold is back up in eBay! Just like in another thread, same pictures, same description... just a marked up buy it now price. So strange, seems like an odd way to make a buck.

UPDATE: The amp I sold is back up in eBay! Just like in another thread, same pictures, same description... just a marked up buy it now price. So strange, seems like an odd way to make a buck.
Could be lead -as in solder. Or the package got damaged, and they didn't want to re-box.

Back
Top Bottom