Need advice on a new setup

1tr3mm3l7

Hi guys,

first of all I'm new to the forum and not exactly sure where to post a thread like this. If this is the wrong place, please tell me where I should post instead.
Now to my question:
Yesterday, I bought a used Dual 1229. I don't have any HiFi equipment in my own room which means I need everything to play records.
What setup (preamp, amplifier, speakers; also a new cartridge) would you say would be appropriate/proportionate for the turntable regardless of any budget as long as it is worthwhile?
What setup (same components as above) would you recommend with a max. budget of ~600-700€?

Thank you for your help!

Hi guys,

first of all I'm new to the forum and not exactly sure where to post a thread like this. If this is the wrong place, please tell me where I should post instead.
Now to my question:
Yesterday, I bought a used Dual 1229. I don't have any HiFi equipment in my own room which means I need everything to play records.
What setup (preamp, amplifier, speakers; also a new cartridge) would you say would be appropriate/proportionate for the turntable regardless of any budget as long as it is worthwhile?
What setup (same components as above) would you recommend with a max. budget of ~600-700€?

Thank you for your help!

Hey, just ran across your post.

Welcome to AK. We can help you get set up without spending a fortune.

If your still around let me know and we'll get started.

You posted in an odd place to get much of a response. Try the Introductions section if you haven't given up on us.

Cheers
Rick

simply, to start, look for a cheap receiver or AVR that has phono input. connect left and
right channel cables from TT to receiver, don't forget the ground wire, use headphones
if you don't have speakers.

then start enjoying the music. upgrade as needed for "better" music and/or when $$ appears,
spend more on the music.

since you're young, buy a cable from your phone to the receiver. I assume you have music
on the phone.

good luck - long journey - great music out there.

Back
Top Bottom