Tidal issues (maybe)

nj pheonix

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been running Tidal (lossless) for a while. I'm generally happy with it.
So not sure if its tidal.
I get pauses (on occasion) more often between tracks but sometimes during a song.
I think it corresponds at least sometimes with mouse use (though not sure)
Also, it seems worse lately (Windows and/or tidal update.
I think it used to happen infrequently , now several times during a listening session.
It's not horrible but it is annoying.
If it's important .
I7 Windows 10 machine.
16g ram.
USB to maverick d2.
USB to cat 5 adaptor on cat 5.
Cabling has been the same for a couple of years.
Also, forgot to mention. It sometimes disconnects from DAC .
I have to unplug usb then plug back in.
I'm wondering if maybe my usb card is getting wonky?
Thoughts? Suggestions?

When I was on Tidal, I used to get pauses when someone else (my wife) started playing music on her phone. Is there anyone else using your account? If not, you could try changing your password.

Running desktop.
Using dedicated tidal app (?)
Not through browser.
I'm sure no one in my house uses the account.
I guess I could try changing passwords though I'm skeptical about that.
Couldn't hurt :dunno:
BTW thanks for the suggestions and the help

Running desktop.
Using dedicated tidal app (?)
Not through browser.
I'm sure no one in my house uses the account.
I guess I could try changing passwords though I'm skeptical about that.
Couldn't hurt :dunno:
BTW thanks for the suggestions and the help
I use a Win7 laptop and a Chromecast Audio and cast via a Chrome browser session.

I also sometimes get inexplicable dropouts and pauses.

This doesn't always work, but it seems to help *a lot*:
Go to task manager
Under applications, find the audio application you are running
Right click on it
From the options displayed click on Go to Process
Then in the services tab you'll see the process associated with your application highlighted
Right click on that, and from the options displayed click on Set Priority
Select Real Time (if the OS lets you, it'll set it to Real Time, or at least to High Priority).

My laptop has 'moods', sometimes this doesn't always work, but I've noticed it helps in reducing dropouts and pauses quit a bit.

Good luck

I'm getting smooth playback on HI-FI after my internet service was repaired at the utility easement. A couple of things that I check first when I'm getting dropouts on a windows machine:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

start>run>taskmgr.exe>performance tab
High memory and CPU usage here is going to cause an array of problems.

I use a Win7 laptop and a Chromecast Audio and cast via a Chrome browser session.

I also sometimes get inexplicable dropouts and pauses.

This doesn't always work, but it seems to help *a lot*:
Go to task manager
Under applications, find the audio application you are running
Right click on it
From the options displayed click on Go to Process
Then in the services tab you'll see the process associated with your application highlighted
Right click on that, and from the options displayed click on Set Priority
Select Real Time (if the OS lets you, it'll set it to Real Time, or at least to High Priority).

My laptop has 'moods', sometimes this doesn't always work, but I've noticed it helps in reducing dropouts and pauses quit a bit.

Good luck
Maybe Win 10 menu is different i get most of that but not the last part.
Its an older I7 machine but isn't doing anything special i think resources should be adequate. 16G of ram. I think there's some kind of conflict

Maybe Win 10 menu is different i get most of that but not the last part.
Its an older I7 machine but isn't doing anything special i think resources should be adequate. 16G of ram. I think there's some kind of conflict
The steps I described are for Windows7 not 10. This is how my Windows7 laptop taskmanager functions.

It isn't memory that could be causing dropouts, but cpu usage based on all the other cra....stuff that Windows could be doing.

Bumping up the priority of cpu scheduling seems to help me, a bit.

I couldn't seem to link Tidal and priorities as i worked through the menu. If i remember when i have more time i'll dig through it a little. Its probably there with a little tinkering.

It's not you, it's them. Tidal has sucked ass for me over the past few weeks as well. Incomplete search results, aborted search results (with some error about the network connection), music dropouts all the time, etc., regardless of whether it's on either of my computers or my two phones.

Makes me think the end is near for them...it's definitely network issues on their side, and who knows, since they don't turn a profit, how they can still afford to pay for all of that bandwidth.

It's not you, it's them. Tidal has sucked ass for me over the past few weeks as well. Incomplete search results, aborted search results (with some error about the network connection), music dropouts all the time, etc., regardless of whether it's on either of my computers or my two phones.

Makes me think the end is near for them...it's definitely network issues on their side, and who knows, since they don't turn a profit, how they can still afford to pay for all of that bandwidth.
Spotify. Seriously.

Last edited:
There's another thread saying Tidal is just sucking now. I'm pretty sure that's the case. I was thinking about doing the free trial for Deezer. Maybe its just time to buy a bunch of stuff. 240$ a year with a little adding should grow the collection pretty good. Not as convenient but thems the breaks:dunno:

I've been having serious issues with Tidal pausing / hanging way too frequently (for the money I pay!) and being incredibly slow to search, load, etc. It's a shame because I really love the service and sound quality when it's working properly.

Tidal has been giving me issues since the beginning - freezes, slow response/non-response (on a Windows 10 PC wit nothing else installed except Windows and Tidal), and the latest iOS version does not work with CarPlay correctly.

Yeah, I had that run of bad connections last summer--same thing. Didn't matter which app is was or what network I used (home or away)--it would take forever to load a track, if it bothered to even load at all.

So glad there's an alternative coming along this year to replace it. :)

Canned Tidal too...too many bugs, would often just kick me out onto the amazon home page in the middle of a song.. and superimposed song titles all mashed together so u couldn't read it. Amazon Music HD I'm doing now. Sound is comparable and turn off the Firestick when not using it should keep it from effing up.

Back
Top Bottom