Show your Bicycle !

Here's my Kent Del Rio. Since the video was shot I installed a new hand grip shifter and derailleur which made it a better riding bike. I more into comfort. No more leaning over the handle bars give me the straight up posture and a comfortable seat and definitely no spandex or other stretchy fabric.

If you haven't seen the backwards steering bike you should check it out.

Some of mine:

Chris Kvale
30665690125_9bb748d5dd_c.jpg

Tommasini Super Prestige
37344035626_2f9cf3cd1a_c.jpg

Colnago Super
33115783565_96291eea9c_c.jpg

Cinelli Supercorsa
34704657423_452a654a54_c.jpg

Serotta Colorado
43354233802_7efa8f9880_c.jpg

Schwinn Cimmaron
33792778883_f7b40a54e0_c.jpg

Bridgestone RB-T
24378491282_749b1a91dc_c.jpg

Trek 720
36602619046_1e3599ce4e_c.jpg

providence, those are some really beautiful bikes, a fine collection - i love when similar bikes come into the shop, they are a joy to work on, i mint em out and tune them like a swiss watch because i admire the engineering and art of them they get extra love

Well, I'm older than dirt now, and I still ride every chance I get. I became upright on two wheels in 1958, and I've enjoyed riding ever since. Now, I've never raced, never had the V o2 max... just enjoyed two wheels. Motorized, and not.

I've had some dandy road bikes in the past, and traded a high zoot Chesini road bike for the one below, in 1993. This has been my ride ever since. It's a (antique now) PDG Paramount Series 30 MTB, nicely appointed with Richie and Shimano components. 3 years ago, I put a 30mm offset bar to more "hybrid-ize" it. It's been flawless for the 26 years I've owned it. I'm blessed with two greenways in central Indiana in which to ride.

I still run an old Trek cycle computer on it, and 2018 showed me at just a tic over 600 miles. I shoot for 1k, but there it is.

Bad pic, in low light.

20180918_203139_resized.jpg

This is my 2014 Cannondale Quick Carbon 1. The frame, front fork, cranks and seat post are all carbon fiber.

I go out and follow a 7 mile route every morning. I know it's a not a long distance, but I do work up a sweat because I like going fast.

IMG_1621.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone converted 27" x whatever inch to 700 x say 32. Just wondering how to easily adjust the brake reach.

I am back on a bike again after 29 years (an adaptive sports festival had recumbents, handcycles, and tandems to try). Did fine on all 3, and a gentleman who had a Cannondale mountain bike my size, let me try it. Did fine. Now own a nice secondhand Trek 800 series singletrack. Great exercise for these stiff, spastic legs. Oak Ridge has nice bike paths.

I guess I'll show the bike that I've just "replaced". Meaning I've purchased a new bike, and still own the "old" bike.

The old bike is a Trek 1400 that I bought in 1993 (91?). It was my first good bike and I put a ton of miles on it back in the day. I live in Iowa and although, historically we've been unfriendly to cyclists, we are home to the big ride called RAGBRAI.
So, back in the 90's I did a number of RAGBRAI's and a ton of other organized rides, including Ride the Rockies in 1996.
Then I took about a dozen years off riding and just this year, started riding again.
The Trek 1400 is modified somewhat, with some titanium parts, nice bottom braket, upgraded wheels and other stuff. I suppose I should sell it since I won't really be riding it, but there's lots of memories on that bike.
EDIT: I'll have to get pics of my new bike

Whaa, someone just "liked" this post and had to remind me that I stupidly sold that blue Trek 1400. Dingit!
I try not to hoard things and I wasn't really going to ride that bike again. I didn't think the history I had on that bike would bother me after the sale.
I was wrong. I want that bike back and can't find it. I'd pay double what I sold it for. Dingit again.
Now, my new bike is fantastic. Beautiful. Comfy and fast. But no history.
New bike:
Trek Domane 2018 01a copy.jpg

I just installed a 750W Tongsheng mid drive kit on my Catrike. Next I’ll neaten the wiring.

View attachment 1423647 View attachment 1423648

That's really neat. I do think extra careful attention is required by those with a motor.

Us non-motorized cyclists have experienced a new danger on the trails. 3 wheeled motorized bikes.
I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions.
I have to ask - what's a "normal", average, mean (your choice) speed on the trails?
Do you ride alone? If not - with other motorized bikes?

What is the top speed on that?

That's neat stuff, I'm sure I'll have one someday.

Back
Top Bottom