What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
107 receivers and you want me to narrow it down to one?! Even if you seperate it up by brand name I've still got lots to choose from... So I thought about it, if I had to do without it all except for one it would be the Fisher RS-1060 or 1080 that I would keep.

Who am I kidding I'm not getting rid of any of them. :D
107 wow!
This deserves a follow...
Anybody that has this many must know something about this hobby

Got three main systems.

#1 is David Bernings ZH 270 with his TF-10. Tube into corns living room.
#2 is HHScott 299D amp.tube. Into another set of corns living room.
#3 is QuickSilver. tube into,another set of corns. Living room.

#4 AD/S SS amp and pre, into Warfdale W90s with Warfdale W70s, stacked.
#5 Dynaco 70 tube into a pas3, Dynaco fm the tuner, into Vandersteens c2's.
#6 is a heathkit receiver, lost the left channel this morning, so it's coming out.

This stereo hunting is just a ball, I really love the hunt. ,

Dirk

Yamaha RX-V 861 because it has loads of power and decodes DSD natively.
I have a few others I use as backup should the Yamaha die on me.

Until today, I somehow managed to miss this poll for 12 years.

McIntosh (x2 -- I divided time about equally b/w MR-74 and MR-78 when I used receivers, neither of which I haven't had hooked into "my system" in approximately 8 years).

The only amp I have ever owned is my AU-919, bought new in 1979. Its completely original and now (after becoming a AK member and getting educated) I'm terrified to use it lest the dreaded "black flag" capacitors cause terminal failure :(.

Amps
1.David Berning HZ-270.
2. HH Scott 299d.
3. Quicksilver integrated.

These are my daily drivers, listen to all pretty much daily. I'm retired, lots of time to play.

Dirk

Well - as far as I know there is no Harmon Kardon brand. Please inform me if I am wrong.
You must be wrong, obviously. Otherwise the 12 people that own them couldn't own them. Since they do own them they must exist.
I own them therefore they am. They are?

DENON for me :)

..on the Harman Kardon thing..
This dumbass at my work keeps pronouncing it Harman Kadron, yes that's right ka-dron! He insists it's the right way. I just shake my head and laugh.

Main amp is Denon 2310 which is still good to me as don't really watch 4k on my 65 inch MU8000 TV. but if do I can watch dircet on the TV.
On the list I have Kenwwod 3020 SE , Yama AX 590 & marantz pm6010 ose on my other speakers the celestion county speakers pair best on the kenwood.

Can I vote three times? I use a Sansui AU719, my son has a Sansui 4000, and my daughter has an AU-G99X. :yes:

Rob
As soon as I fix my au719 it will be my main receiver. Goes into protection mode. If It sit awhile (for weeks) it plays then kicks out.

As soon as I fix my au719 it will be my main receiver. Goes into protection mode. If It sit awhile (for weeks) it plays then kicks out.

Well, that was from 12 years ago.:D

Now I use my restored AU-719, an AU-X711, and an S-X1200. Kids have moved out and my daughter took my AU-317 and left me my AU-G99X.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom