Post your photography!!

IMG_2664.JPG
If you ever wondered what it looks like where Lake Superior starts this is it. St Louis River dumps into Lk Superior. This is the highest part of the lake. The shelf rises like 1/4 inch every couple years or so, which forces the lake flow east.

IMG_2684.JPG
Driving inland a bit after leaving the docs and this was in my mirror. You can do some fun things with ASA settings with these digital cameras.
Sun sets fast in the fall.

Last edited:
IMG_2688.JPG
We went back to the Minnesota side of the lake and headed North to find shelter for the night. Next morning took a walk. This leads under the lake road to a jetty park. Not going to show what happens when you forget to readjust film speed.

IMG_2724.JPG
Found shelter for the night. Woke up to this. Had to take a pic. This building was a dorm which housed Lumberjacks, Railroad builders, Road builders. Was owned by a family who lived in the south. All had moved except the oldest grandson who we met. He said he was dying and his niece would be taking over in the spring. Most likely the building is gone today.IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2723.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2721.JPG

Waking and walk over, we started back looking for breakfast. Sparse accommodations. Many closed down cafes so kept driving and came across Hawk Ridge.
On the right day thousands of Raptors of all sorts converge here following the coast of Superior. This was not the day. Desperate for a bird shot the dozens of people seemed to need to announce anything with wings from miles away with high powered glass. But the light was bright, colors spectacular. Where the lake meets the sky miles away and to the south you can see Wisconsin thru the haze as we zoom into Duluth & Superior. Signs of life are my wife who wandered into the color and a few large birds a long way up. So I took what they gave me.IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2733.JPG IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2738.JPG IMG_2739.JPG IMG_2740.JPG

Back
Top Bottom