Whats all this "vintage" stuff?

What do you have your anti-skate and tracking set at?
Gerrit
It varies depending on which cart I'm using. The 'problem' persists no matter what cart though. Right now, I'm using a Grado Blue1. Tracking is 1.83, anti-skate is just under 1.

Hey all. Just wanted to say hi and do a quick intro. First, I guess I fall into the vintage category since I was born back in 1968, hence the title to the post ;). I don't think I can be considered a true audiophile...after 28 years in the army, my hearing range has suffered more than a little, so I really cannot hear the detail that some of you can. That being said, I can still hear a difference between vinyl and digital :rockon:. I am a little anti CD, since I was a teenager when the music industry sold us the lie that they would last forever and the sound was so much "cleaner". If you love that format, no mas, just my opinion.
Luckily I still had a lot of vinyl I had as a kid. Heck I still have a the soundtrack to the original Star Wars movie :lurk:.
So, after vinyl made a comeback, I picked up a Jensen turntable/radio tuner. Please don't judge. It did what I wanted it to, it played my old records. But over time, and with the influence of my hipster neighbor, I decided it was time to upgrade. I started reading forum posts and checking prices for new equipment, and after a lot of reading, I decided to go "vintage" instead of new. I ended up picking up a Technics SL-D3 sight unseen from a seller in California through the Mercari app. I probably paid too much, but it had all the features I wanted, so I pulled the trigger. It arrived with a broken stylus and the cut in isn't perfect, but its almost as old as me...an I am certainly far from perfect. My buddy next door had a stylus that fit my cartridge and I was soon spinning my vintage vinyl, and I am a happy man. I have included some pictures per the suggestion in the new member suggestion thread, and Mystic, if you read this and welcome me, I promise not to disappear like the other first time posters.

Thanks for the hospitality,
Gerrit (AKA Direwolf2001)

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! Lotsa good stuff here, a few tiffs here and there but really a great bunch of people.
From one vet to another; thank you for your service.

Enjoy your audio gear, whatever it may be.

Back
Top Bottom