Audiosource Amp 7 T Digital Amplifier

Audiosource Amp Seven new owner

I am waiting for an audiosource amp seven bought off the internet. Now running an original GAS son of ampzilla. For years used Hafler 200. Real interested to hear Tripath amp. Using a tube pre so a real mix of technology. Will post my humble opinion after proper evaluation. I'm old enough to remember the introduction of eight-track so have seen a whole lot of change in the audio world. Will keep all posted.

I am waiting for an audiosource amp seven bought off the internet. Now running an original GAS son of ampzilla. For years used Hafler 200. Real interested to hear Tripath amp. Using a tube pre so a real mix of technology. Will post my humble opinion after proper evaluation. I'm old enough to remember the introduction of eight-track so have seen a whole lot of change in the audio world. Will keep all posted.

Looking forward to your thoughts, I use a similar SS amp (Hafler XL600), But
did use the T amp as the main for about 4 weeks, And had no complaints.
It's unfair to compare it to the Hafler amp, it's short over 100wpc, but it
had no trouble powering my speakers with plenty of loud Rock n Roll. I use it
daily now in my vintage speaker surround system for the rear speakers.

Need for speed. Well, put the Amp 7 into my main system and have about 45 hours of burn in. Quick reactions: truly amazing detail, vocals a true improvement, sounds best to me with classical music. It really picks apart a classical ensemble and reveals every insturment. Played David Bowie Space Oddity and I was stunned. The amp really puts out the recording info. good or bad.I won't be getting rid of my Son of Ampzilla, but I now have a Hafler dh200 I don't need. Quick question. How do you list your system components? I am new to this web site. Anyway, I have a Dynaco highly modified PAS pre, HK CD player, Scott Nixon DAC, homemade speakers with ESS amt1 Heil for top, Peerless mids, and KEF bass drivers for my subwoofer. Also have GAS Thaeda preamp, Hafler 200 power amp and KEF 104abs set up for out of phase rear information system.

I have had mine now for several months and I am very happy with everything about this amp......definitely a keeper and perhaps one of the best values that I have come across in a long time :yes:

The Amp 7 is now in my main system and will remain there. The more I listen, and the more musical information I hear, the more impressed I am. Clean, clear, no bass or top-end overemphasis, plenty of power; who could or should ask for? I listen to classical or jazz. On both counts, it is a winner. It may be because I have a tube pre that it sounds both detailed and warm. It is a combination that (for me) cann't be beat. There may be better "digital" amps out there but for now this one will do just fine.

The Amp 7 is now in my main system and will remain there. The more I listen, and the more musical information I hear, the more impressed I am. Clean, clear, no bass or top-end overemphasis, plenty of power; who could or should ask for? I listen to classical or jazz. On both counts, it is a winner. It may be because I have a tube pre that it sounds both detailed and warm. It is a combination that (for me) cann't be beat. There may be better "digital" amps out there but for now this one will do just fine.

Glad it worked out for you, It's been in my rig for awhile now, And for about
$1.25 a watt, Whats not to like, It's very musical, runs cool, plenty of
headroom, I've heard there will be a 350wpc version the end of the year.
If that happens, My hafler amps are history!:yes:

These appear to be a bargain. I found a model One A recently at the thrift, and it's a nice amp. Only has speaker connections for one set of speakers though.

gonna revive this thread. i am thinking about buying one of these and an amp one/a to power my front l&r and center. i will use the seven t to power the l$r and the amp one/a bridged to power the center. i will use my denon 3806( thinking about replacing it with a marantz 7001) to power my surrounds. do you guys think i will notice a big difference using thes amps, instead of the amp from my denon? BTW i am powering athena as f2's. i would like your input about the audiosource amps. i am on a budget, and have heard these are a great bang for the buck. thanks for any input.

i've run mine for the best part of a year now, and cannot fault it in anyway. i think it would be a perfect 'budget' solution for your application.

I used mine for over a year as a main Amp for the front speakers. It's currently on loan to my brother in law, Who plans to buy one. 200wpc for under $275 is a steal. Never runs hot, Good headroom, Very smooth. Wire it up, Crank the gain, And have fun!:thmbsp:

They were a limited run and remaining stock has only been available on that auction site for quite awhile now.
Search for 'AudioSource 2 CH Class T Digital Stereo Power Amplifier'
I bought one and have been quite pleased with it.
Jim

One significant issue that no one has mentioned until now is that this amp throws enough RF to virtually destroy your FM tuners front end and forget about reception. I also tried using it as a woofer amp fed from the subwoofer output jack of my Audio Research CA50 integreated but it sent the CA50 into oscillation and created a significant turn off noise until it was Disconnected and unplugged. When used on it's own the sound is not bad but the side issues are significant.

One significant issue that no one has mentioned until now is that this amp throws enough RF to virtually destroy your FM tuners front end and forget about reception. I also tried using it as a woofer amp fed from the subwoofer output jack of my Audio Research CA50 integreated but it sent the CA50 into oscillation and created a significant turn off noise until it was Disconnected and unplugged. When used on it's own the sound is not bad but the side issues are significant.

Never have had that issue.

Rumor has it that Audiosource discontinued that amp because of the RF problem. Maybe some Mu-metal from an online surplus supplier?

I am replying to an OLD topic here.

Does anyone know if the PSU in this amp can be rewired for 230V operation? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom