What tv show are you currently binging?

I started watching The Order because a friend of a friend is in it. Not big on TV shows, so will say taking a break from binging it.

Saturday I did binge Hi Score Girl, a rather niche Netflix anime. Definitely not for everyone; it is about a kid in Japan in the early 90s and the arcade culture then. He is good, but then a girl from his class shows up and kicks everybody's butts playing Zangief in Street Fighter 2. He gets upset about her "trespassing" in his realm, a friendship forms. Years pass. Lots of arcade game lore and nostalgia.

All you SF fans need to go watch The Expanse. Now.
Streamed the first 3 seasons. Then went and bought the BluRays so I can watch it again.
And more is coming! Bezos (Amazon) bought the series when SyFy channel decided to not continue with it (!), and the NEXT season (season 4) should be out later this summer on PRIME.
The books are a good read too - I binged on Season 1 just after it aired, then needed more - so I bought every book out at that time! Now I'm 6 books in and waiting for the video to catch up, I will say I'm very impressed - the show does do the books justice!

Don't know that it's "binge atching", but getting through an excecellent scyfy thing called The Expanse in rather steady fashion: Season 01 in four nights, (probably) starting Season 02 tonight. S02 has a few more epis, so it might take five days to complete. Then S03, after which it's, um, wait for about a year until S04 -- assuming the producers don't "Firefly" this program and there will be a S04 -- is, um, "ready" for the taking.

My wife started in on The Office and now I am hooked!!

I don’t think you could even have this show in today’s PC environment. Nobody is safe or protected.

Even as a parody, these shows remind me way I am so happy to be retired.

Yasamayanlar on Netflix. Turkish movie stars overdubbed in English. Re-Titled as Immortals. Not great, but fulfilling my need for a Vampire series right now.
Yasamayanlar.jpg

Lets get your recommendations for must watch/absolute gripping series along with where to watch them.

I'll start: I am currently hooked on a Spanish TV series called "El Barco" a really awesome sci-fi, mystery and action series. When it was released, it apparently had a viewership of almost 25% of the population in Spain.The plot revolves around an accident caused by the particle accelerator at CERN Switzerland which causes most of the world to be under water, except the crew and students of the barque school-ship Polar Star.

All 3 seasons are available on Netflix. In Spanish with English subtitles.

Highly recommended!

Rgds
Mayank

El Barco.jpg

Star Trek: TOS at the moment. I've been known to binge watch Monty Python's Flying Circus from time to time. Both Star Trek and Monty Python are available on Netflix.

Once I get the DVDs in the mail I'll be binge watching Red Dwarf. I don't know of any place to stream it, so I recommend watching clips on YouTube. It's one of those dry British shows with weird humor that doesn't appeal to everyone... :D

Can't comprehend anyone not liking UK programming a la BBC. I have watched all episodes of Red Dwarf, Ripping Yarns, Young Ones, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous, many times over. I have them to this day on VHS. I never got tired of watching each series, over and over, from beginning to end.

Anyone see that abysmal US re-make of Fawlty Towers? Can't remember the show's name but it starred John Larraquette and it stunk. First episode, fifteen minutes in and had to switch it off. Mercifully that series got put down fairly soon.

Last edited:
Try the German series Babylon Berlin. I don't think I've ever seen a better shot period drama and it doesn't hurt that the story is great. I also binge-watched the Umbrella Society

Manhunt Unabomber, on NF. Much better than I thought it would be.

Tin Star, on Amazon. Pretty good. Gets wild and woolly.

The ABC Murders, on Amazon. Stick with it, starts off a little slow but gets better.

Endeavour on Amazon. Favorite series. Step lively now.

Murray

Try the German series Babylon Berlin. I don't think I've ever seen a better shot period drama and it doesn't hurt that the story is great. I also binge-watched the Umbrella Society
I watched that a little but couldn't get into it. Will try again.

Murray

Matt Urch is a fabricator in the UK with some skills and imagination. And he makes a nice video imo. Currently watching the Mongrel build.

I started watching The Umbrella Academy but couldn't get past when the chimpanzee made it's appearance:dunno:

The Expanse: now through ~50% of S02, continuing to expand, continuing to satisfy. Time to pull back the reigns some, wanna make this last a little bit longer than the viewing current 'pace' would allow.

I just finished re-watching The Sopranos. I forgot how good it was...plenty of food.
Silvio and Paulie were great...." All due respect "

And more is coming! Bezos (Amazon) bought the series when SyFy channel decided to not continue with it (!), and the NEXT season (season 4) should be out later this summer on PRIME.
The books are a good read too - I binged on Season 1 just after it aired, then needed more - so I bought every book out at that time! Now I'm 6 books in and waiting for the video to catch up, I will say I'm very impressed - the show does do the books justice!

This is GREAT news! I'm just finishing up S02 (two Epis to go), then on to S03, the viewing pace of which I'm gonna attempt to "teather" some to make it last a bit longer... call it Tantric Televiewing, lol.

In any event, a S04 will be most welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom