Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

IMG_1144.JPG

Chicken and waffles. I've heard alot about this combo, but never tried it. I had a little waffle batter leftover from a few days ago, enuf to make a round waffle. Plus I had a tray of chicken breast strips, that needed to be fried. Fixed em up and this is what I got. I will do this again. Man, to run those Hot sauce coated tenders, through the butter maple syrup on the plate, is a very tasty combo. Can't wait to tell my GF about this. She will be begging me, instead of the other way around. Got 3 tenders left for some night time munching.

Last edited:
View attachment 1454228

Chicken and waffles. I've heard alot about this combo, but never tried it. I had a little waffle batter leftover from a few days ago to make a round waffle. Plus I had a tray of chicken breast strips, that needed to be fried. Fixed em up and this is what I got. I will do this again. Man, to run those Hot sauce coated tenders, through the butter maple syrup on the plate, is a very tasty combo. Can't wait to tell my GF about this. She will be begging me, instead of the other way around. Got 3 tenders left for some night time munching.
I've wondered what the hubub was about along those lines. And now, because of you, I'm going to have to investigate it personally...

Enjoy,
Rich P

I started eating the waffle first so the butter and syrup would start running all over the plate. Then I would run the tender through the syrup. I see on TV, sometimes they will lay the whole waffle flat and put the chicken in the center. I'll try that with some bone in chicken. Like a big fat breast.

If you visit SoCal be sure to visit Rosco’s Chicken & Waffles. Superb. When I worked in Atlanta 2015-16 I was surprised that chicken and waffles wasn’t really a big deal there. The bigger surprise was peaches weren’t either.

Tonight the lazy susan landed on the Italian burger patties w/extra sharp cheddar, tots and brocolli.
whIY8ZWgVApmgzwiNLwNVcWH5NBpFiczbobmGggXTMcbhmsDp4c-6WQiYW0I_-JmZJBjYahbnFEOspYIaoY5iTIVPwkQm_GJVsjZTuSJac-uyh5MkLZK9ibXLtVe5Gh0UJMqWV67g5E=w2400

^Part of a heart healthy diet^ :rflmao:

Fun With Leftovers

We have had some good eats over the last few days. I'm kind of funny, in that I don't like to eat the same thing two days in a row, sometimes 3. We do have some nice leftovers, and I have been ruminating over how to use them in different enough ways to keep my culinary interest. I think this worked out quite nicely.

First, some leftover Baked Panko Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries (from our Italian Sandwich meal the other night). The good thing about Panko is that it will re-crisp when re-baked: strips of fresh zucchini, panko crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, eggs, and melted butter.

Next, some nice frozen onion rings. I discovered these recently, and they are actually quite good: Alexia brand.

Next, bottled barbecue sauce I also recently discovered, and is also quite good: Stubbs Sweet Honey & Spice. This was for dipping the onion rings.

Next, leftover Mujdei de Usturoi (Romanian garlic sauce, from our Eastern European dinner) for dipping the zucchini fries, and to dress my sandwich: minced garlic, sea salt, olive oil, sour cream, and fresh ground black pepper.

Next the meat for my sandwich, leftover Frigarui (Romanian Chicken Kebabs, from our Eastern European dinner): cubed chicken thigh meat, marinated in a special sauce (French thyme, rosemary from the garden out front, parsley from out back, fresh-ground black pepper, lemon juice, sugar, minced ginger, minced garlic, and plain yogurt), and grilled.

Finally, a sandwich I just made up while thinking about it for a couple of hours: pita bread, Frigarui, cubes of Eclipse tomatoes, slivers of red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, broccoli-clover sprouts, and Mujdei de Usturoi as a dressing.

This was all washed down with an ice-cold Erdinger Oktoberfest.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Fun With Leftovers

We have had some good eats over the last few days. I'm kind of funny, in that I don't like to eat the same thing two days in a row, sometimes 3. We do have some nice leftovers, and I have been ruminating over how to use them in different enough ways to keep my culinary interest. I think this worked out quite nicely.

First, some leftover Baked Panko Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries (from our Italian Sandwich meal the other night). The good thing about Panko is that it will re-crisp when re-baked: strips of fresh zucchini, panko crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, eggs, and melted butter.

Next, some nice frozen onion rings. I discovered these recently, and they are actually quite good: Alexia brand.

Next, bottled barbecue sauce I also recently discovered, and is also quite good: Stubbs Sweet Honey & Spice. This was for dipping the onion rings.

Next, leftover Mujdei de Usturoi (Romanian garlic sauce, from our Eastern European dinner) for dipping the zucchini fries, and to dress my sandwich: minced garlic, sea salt, olive oil, sour cream, and fresh ground black pepper.

Next the meat for my sandwich, leftover Frigarui (Romanian Chicken Kebabs, from our Eastern European dinner): cubed chicken thigh meat, marinated in a special sauce (French thyme, rosemary from the garden out front, parsley from out back, fresh-ground black pepper, lemon juice, sugar, minced ginger, minced garlic, and plain yogurt), and grilled.

Finally, a sandwich I just made up while thinking about it for a couple of hours: pita bread, Frigarui, cubes of Eclipse tomatoes, slivers of red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, broccoli-clover sprouts, and Mujdei de Usturoi as a dressing.

This was all washed down with an ice-cold Erdinger Oktoberfest.

View attachment 1454461

View attachment 1454462

Enjoy,
Rich P
Looks delicious as usual!!

Greek Gyro Platter

Funny how you get the taste for things. This was tugging at my heart pretty hard this morning. I just did not have the strength to resist, so I didn't. I like this way much better than as a sandwich.

First, a bit of on-the-plate salad: iceberg lettuce leaves, slices of Eclipse tomato, and crumbled feta cheese.

Next, slivers of red onion, fresh parsley leaves (from out back), and wedges of toasted pita.

Next, a big dollop of tzatziki sauce: grated cucumber, Greek yogurt, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, fresh dill (from out back), minced garlic, olive oil, fine-grated lemon zest, sea salt & fresh-ground black pepper.

Next, steak fries, dusted with sea salt & fresh-ground black pepper.

Finally the thinly sliced Gyro (mixture of lamb, beef, and spices, Midamar brand, from the middle-eastern grocer down the street).

This was all washed down with an ice-cold Kilt Lifter (not Greek but went down just right).

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Well, the Lazy Susan pointed at me tonight for dinner. I gave my beautiful, sweet chef a break and made something for her....

So, fat boy fried up some honey ham, eggs, and used his trusty, extra sharp chedder cheese to make some sandwiches (cheese, like bacon makes just about everything better, right?). The milk was a nice treat too.

20190320_170021.jpg

20190320_173510.jpg
^^My grub...(2) eggs, (2) slices of honey ham, (2) 1/4" thick pieces of cheese on each sandwich... + some Pringles (growing boy always needs some form of potatoes) I'm cutting back though, so my girlish figure is ready for Summertime. :rflmao:

Hers, (1) egg, (1) slice of honey ham, (1) 1/8" thick piece of cheese, (1) sandwich...

Apologies for my usual poor presentation...I'm out of my fine paperware too...this makes it even worse....

Rich and gang here always excel with fabulous presentations, which I really do appreciate.:thumbsup:

Mine looks awkward, but taste pretty good. ;)

-Blitz :)

Well, the Lazy Susan pointed at me tonight for dinner. I gave my beautiful, sweet chef a break and made something for her....

So, fat boy fried up some honey ham, eggs, and used his trusty, extra sharp chedder cheese to make some sandwiches (cheese, like bacon makes just about everything better, right?). The milk was a nice treat too.

View attachment 1455260

View attachment 1455258
^^My grub...(2) eggs, (2) slices of honey ham, (2) 1/4" thick pieces of cheese on each sandwich... + some Pringles (growing boy always needs some form of potatoes) I'm cutting back though, so my girlish figure is ready for Summertime. :rflmao:

Hers, (1) egg, (1) slice of honey ham, (1) 1/8" thick piece of cheese, (1) sandwich...

Apologies for my usual poor presentation...I'm out of my fine paperware too...this makes it even worse....

Rich and gang here always excel with fabulous presentations, which I really do appreciate.:thumbsup:

Mine looks awkward, but taste pretty good. ;)

-Blitz :)
Tsk, tsk, tsk...
you forgot the veggies...
...maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if you had some ketchup with that...........................:p

oh wait, never mind, I see some pepper there. Close enough:thumbsup:

Corned Beef and Cabbage

I admit it. I am a rebel. I hate doing things just because everyone else is doing it. Now that the hubub is over, I wanted to enjoy some myself, so I did.

First, some fresh, buttered pumpernickel rye bread.

Next, I cheated. I just went out and bought some corned beef that was already ready for sandwiches: Kretchmar brand. My wife makes the best naturally corned beef on the planet (she is not good with nitrites and other chemicals), but generally for Passover, which is not here yet. So, I cheated, and bought some pre-made, and had it thin-sliced. I might want a nice sandwich later.

So I tossed this pre-made corned beef into a Dutch oven with some nice veggies and spices. I must say, this is some of the nicest tasting stuff I have made in our recent history. Dang! It was good: thin sliced corned beef, large chunks of Russet potato and carrot (orange, gold,and white), slivers of yellow onion, wedges of cabbage, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, white and black mustard seeds, sugar, and Thai fish sauce.

This was all washed down with some ice-cold Baltika extra lager (Russian brewed).

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom