Anyone Running a "Chi-Fi" Tube headphone/preamp with acceptable/good results?

HansyPants

I'm very happy with my JDS labs Objective 2/ODAC but I have the tube itch without the funds to afford a proper scratching. Is anyone out there running a "Chi-Fi" tube headphone and/or preamp with decent results? I want to give the tubes a go with the understanding that it will be just a toy to play around with and do some light tube rolling to see what all the fuss is about. If I like it I might sell off everything else for the Schiit Lyr 2 I've been drooling over for the past 6 months .

The Bravo V3 gets some great reviews over at Head-Fi(http://www.head-fi.org/products/bravo-audio-tube-amplifier-v3) but I was looking for something that I could hopefully run as a preamp with my monoblocks and a kit that I could build would be a bonus as I want practicing with soldering PCBs. Anyone have any "Huh. That was better than I expected." moments in the >$150 USD range?

I'm using a little dot mk iii as a pre and headphone amp. My power is a 6L6G pp tube amp that I just bought off barter town and I think the results are incredible. Very solid headphone amplifier with plenty of good reviews.
I bought the little dot off of amazon in case I wanted to return.

Lots of information and tube rolling options on head fi, also.

Back
Top Bottom