Jitterbug

shrinkboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i've listened to my iPod through my Teac CD-P650>Entech 205.2 DAC, with Jitterbug installed between the Teac and the Entech; and, i've listened in another system with a laptop Foobar> Dragonfly>Yamaha preamp>Trends Audio amp with Jitterbug installed before the Dragonfly. in both cases i've heard much more bass...i think. gotta spend some more time on it, but i wonder if any other Jitterbuggers have heard this?

I've always heard better bass with clock/jitter correction

The Jitterbug is a passive noise filtering device. There's no clock inside and no jitter correction as such (unlike your Synchro Mesh, which delivers a marked improvement vs the subtle improvement offered by the Jitterbug).

I noticed a difference. More clarity.

I agree with your findings in the systems I installed mine in. The system in my office with an iMac feeding a Peachtree DACIT-X seems to make the most difference. Currently on my main system I have the Jitterbug between my Mac Mini and my OPPO BDP-105D USB input. I am using this as a DAC since the one built into my C2500 locks up all of the time.

I am currently biding on a AQ Jitterbug in hopes of clearing up some noticeable USB noise in my work system, where I just swapped in a Schiit Fulla. I really like the sound of this DAC/amp, and the price is quite good, but unlike the other lower-end DACs I've used, the Fulla sure does pick up line noise. Not so noticeable during music passages but I am sure it's there in the background coloring things, which bugs me.

It makes it easier for Seniors to hear their grandkids though.
jitterbug_08.jpg

I can't say I hear more bass but the overall noise is lower. To me the Jitterbug helps to bring the fine details out off the music. It also helps the tones of the different instruments to be present.

It is subtle but noticeable in my system.

i took mine back to the retailer. it made no difference in any way that i could notice. i won't bother with another one.

A friend of mine bought a Jitterbug and didn't hear much difference at first and then decided maybe it helped a bit. This past weekend I took my iFi iUSB over to his house and we put that in the system and a sizable difference was quite audible (better bass, vocals more open and cymbals and strings more airy and sweet). We then used the system with and without the iUSB and with and without the Jitterbug and really couldn't hear anything definitively different relatable to the Jitterbug. We both wanted to like the Jitterbug as it is very budget friendly, but we ultimately (in his particular system) didn't hear anything truly beneficial. His source is a Macbook running on battery power, so maybe the Macbook is inherently pretty quite? He ultimately decided to return the Jitterbug as the difference (if any) was so small as to not be readily apparent. I'll temper this all by saying that I do believe that others are hearing benefits from the Jitterbug. A desktop computer with noisier power supplies and USB output with multiple sockets may collect more noise and therefore benefit more from the filtration offered by the device? I'm not bashing the Jitterbug at all, just relating one exposure to it and the outcome of that exposure.

Noticeable improvement for me with 2 Jitterbugs on each of my MacBook Pro's USB's. Not sure about "more" but I did like the description a fellow member gave earlier -"better bass" in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom