Southern Florida AK Meet Up ?

markus

Master Procrastinator
Hiiiiiii Eeeeeeeverybody !

I've been like a gypsy the last couple years, and not really tapped into the AK 'scene' for some time. I'm in Deerfield Beach FL now, but lived in Massachussetts for many moons. I've been to a number of Frank Fests, and used to have them at my place too before the great divorce purge....

any chance of getting some Southern Florida AK'ers together for a day of audio geekery? My current place is crazy small....maybe someone with some more square footage could host?

Whatchya all think ?

I probably would be up for such a thing, it has been talked about some from time to time, but never put together.

I am in South Broward and would be interested as well. I have neighbors on the adjoining wall so I can't host but would be willing to help out.

i could talk my parents into giving up thier place in lake worth for a day ...maybe...if i bribe them. :D. Let me explore this option.....heh heh

Stay tuned !

Great idea but you're on the wrong side of the state. :(

Whats a couple hundred miles between friends ? Sixcats (where ever the hell you are) and others would drive 3 to 4 hours to hit the Frank Fests...of coirse there was the promise of altec, scott, jbl, kef. Concept, and other ear candy.......the for sale deals are legendary....

This probably won't be that...yet. :)

I'm in northern Palm Beach County, which is probably close to being in the middle of things. I'd probably be willing to host something if we could get at least 12 to 15 members interested, and if a few of us team up to run the event. This thread hasn't set the world on fire yet though, maybe if we search for other Floridians and pass on the word we can get the fire lit. Problem with my place though, there is so much stereo equipment here, there is no room for people. :jump:

Live just north in Saint Lucie County, if the timing is right I would be up for it, or down as the case may be.

I would be interested. You think it best to use a persons home or in the past I have used county facilities for fundraising events, that way one doesn't have to have a bunch of strangers in their homes.

Lets see if we can make something happen, it would be a real fun time.

I will help in any way I can :)

If we can nail down a date i think we'll get some interest .... maybe janusry once everyone recovers from the holidays ?

So we are looking at around 9 people so far, I'd like to get it to at least 12 to 15 if possible. Lets see if we can spread the word a little more, if anyone knows of anyone else in Florida that might of missed this thread, lets try and PM them to let them know. I will be looking into a venue or possibly my home as an option, I can set up a circus tent out front if need be. :p

Last edited:
It is too bad that peoples location are not listed under their avatar like the old format . I hope that will change

I can scare up a +1 or +2 to infect with AK Fever......

I'd say we are very close to having enough people involved to make something happen. I'm in the process of getting options together for having it around here, and trying to pick a date that will allow everyone to attend. I suggest it be late January, or early to mid February, we can try and narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom