Looking for reciever for music only---no video

chefdaddyo

Just bought a larger home. I plan to install in-wall Polk speakers; two in L/D area and two in the kitchen. My Denon has some miles on it. Looking to replace it w/ one that can accept two pairs of speakers; "A", "B", or both together. That's it. TV has a soundbar. We prefer quality sound at mid level volume. Way past the age of Metallica. Loved the Denon. Any suggestions? Thanks to all.

What source(s) are you planning on using? Radio, cds, streamed,etc... Any particular budget? Any reason you don't want to use the Denon other than its age? There are many good networked stereo receivers, or maybe An integrated amp, CD player. This forum has lots of opinions, more info would be helpful.

My error, DF. Planned on listening to FM radio and my iTunes. Budget around $350. Now thinking the speakers and wiring might be stone age. The Denon has to also find a home in a closet and be wired. The newly installed tv sound bar is Bluetooth activated, so I'm looking at a Denon HEOS 5 (Bluetooth, also) wireless speaker. She's happy with no holes in the walls, I don,t have to fish tape wiring, and everybody's happy. Have not actually heard it perform, but it gets good reviews. Your thoughts? Hey, thanks for taking the time.

Onkyo tx8050 and Yamaha rn-301 come to mind. Do you have ethernet access by receiver location. For iTunes do you want AirPlay or to wire (usb) it into receiver? A basic Integrated amp eats up your budget, but if you have something like an apple airport on hand, I think you could do Internet radio, plus your iTunes. I myself am pretty new to this, hopefully others with more experience will chime in soon.
Now the Denon Heos looks kinda expensive(to me), do you plan on just using Bluetooth from the iPad as a source?
Best of luck. happy Thanksgiving!

I am not sure about the current retail price in your area, but Rotel RA-11 should fit your needs except from FM. Should definitely be in your price range on the second hand marked. It can a/b/a+b speakers, it has bluetooth + lots of inputs including a very nice onboard dac and a decent phono stage. I have this amp in my 2nd setup and I think it performs very well. You can connect Apple airport straight to it, or stream from any device with BT. If wife acceptance factor is important, you might want to look into a pair of good looking vintage/used speakers to go with it. IMO you will be happier sound quality wise with going this route than with active wireless speaker systems (in this price range).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom