Dual's system

Very cool and classy! Looks like something out of a magazine from the 60's..I love the vibe :thmbsp:

It may be bad form but I'm hitting this because of extensive changes since the original post in 2011.

So, have you already made the changes or the changes will be coming? Either way, you got a fabulous listening room. If changes will be coming soon, I can't wait to see what you've done.

Now that would be a nice place to relax with some good music! :music:

Why update the first post? It kind of invalidates what others replied... and we can't see progress made ;)
Can you consider to restore the OP and post the update as a reply?

Think you can dirty it up a little?
I'd feel like some kind of fiend shaking my ass around in such a clean room.
You have an air shower on the way in?

Kidding dude, sweet environs!

Wow, very nice, I could only dream of a room like this.. Love the taste of decor..

I am wondering how the speaker height works out in that room, perhaps it's just the pictures but they look pretty high up for a sitting position..

Bet it sounds perfect standing and moving about the room but how does it sound sitting and relaxing?

Why update the first post? It kind of invalidates what others replied... and we can't see progress made ;)
Can you consider to restore the OP and post the update as a reply?

c-DSC_0212.jpg

I'll do the opposite because... because.
Here's a shot that seems to have been taken for the original post: May 2011. Hope it helps a bit.

Rack top to bottom:
  • Threshold S350/e amp
  • NAD 6155 cassette
  • NAD 4155 tuner
  • Sony X77ES CD
  • JVC SVHS deck
  • Custom Bryston MM phono preamp
  • Threshold FET 10/e preamp
  • Threshold FET 10/e cartridge amp
  • Rega Rega Planar 3 turntable
  • Off to the right: a Pure iPod dock

Last edited:
I am wondering how the speaker height works out in that room, perhaps it's just the pictures but they look pretty high up for a sitting position..

Bet it sounds perfect standing and moving about the room but how does it sound sitting and relaxing?

The vertical position of the speakers was a compromise, for sure. Fortunately the NS1000's are not beamy. Everything sounds good at the seated listener's position.

Last edited:
Rack (updated 6-2022)
  • Parasound A23+ amp
  • Marantz NA7004 media player
  • Cambridge Azur 851C DAC/CD player
  • Heed Canamp headphone amp
  • Threshold FET 10/e preamp
  • Parasound JC3 Jr phono
  • Rega RP6 plinth, Neo PSU, Audiomods Series Five arm, Groovetracer reference subplatter & delrin platter, custom inverted bearing, Lim dual pulley
  • Shelter Accord cartridge; retipped

Back
Top Bottom