Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Listening to "Funky Fridays" on 93.9 The River in Western Massachusetts. This channel is very good, playing an eclectic mix of tunes you don't ever hear on other stations.

Higher Ground With Jonathan Overby (world music) on WERN FM, 88.7 from Madison, WI. using a Sherwood S-3000 V tuner hooked up to a 45 SET amp. Very pleasant sound...

Listening via my Yamaha TX-1000 with remote so I can quickly change stations because the local jazz station playlist, KKJZ sucks, really sucks.

102.5 KZOK FM Seattle using an Ampex tube stereo console with a long speaker wire antenna, and I mean real long ! Because I'm down here near Ft. Lewis !

KSDS 88.3 (22,000 watts) at San Diego City Collage. A very nice jazz station indeed. They have a cute little studio right smack in the middle of City Collage on the north east edge of downtown just south of Balboa park. It's truly one of San Diego's treasures.

I used to listen To KCRW 88.9 at Santa Monica City Collage in LA on fm but reception was always problematic (140 miles north) so I listen to internet streams now.

The two best stations south of the Tejon Pass

WXPN, Philadelphia. Always something new and different. This afternoon they had a Puerto Rican singer named Calma Carmona in studio for World Cafe. I'd never heard of her, now I'm about to buy her music. Don't let anyone tell you there aren't any good stations left.

My newly rebuilt Nikko NT-850. It's gonna be my everyday workhorse. Amp is a Sansui AU-555A.

104.9 XLNC Classical out of Tijuana B.C. Mexico.

I'm about 30 miles north in San Diego but it comes in clear as a bell on my Yamaha T-1020

Listening to "Night Tides" on KCUR-FM 89.3 in Kansas City, on my Pioneer TX-8500II, Optimus receiver, with Bose and Boston Acoustic speakers. Nothing better than an evening with Renee

Last edited:
Scott LT-350 and whichever station is playing classical,big band or jazz that I like. I tell you,that tuning knob has more miles than my Norton.
Montreal is definitely not a hotbed of FM broadcasting..

tumblr_ntphp3q93V1qzf8yeo1_1280.png
KFJC 89.7 live mic W/Bill Orcutt
bill-orcutt-fallwinter-live-dates-914

Hooked up a Dynaco FM-3 tube unit -- works great with a RatShack FM amplifier. Tubey and stereo. Been listening to 1950's rock, reggae and classical stations mostly college stations in the Triangle and Piedmont NC

Listening to "Night Tides" on KCUR-FM 89.3 in Kansas City . UMKC public radio.

Tuned in on a Pioneer TX-8500II in wide-bandwidth mode, which is in my bedroom system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom