RSD 2015

If you don't mind my asking, what record store did you get those from?
Several. I was in Nashville on Friday, then came back home through Knoxville on Saturday. First time I wasn't at Back Door in Johnson City for a RSD Black Friday.

I picked up the Garbage 20th anniversary reissue. I thought it was rather pricey at $48 but it is a great album and sounds good. 2x 45RPM on clear pink vinyl.

I picked up the Garbage 20th anniversary reissue. I thought it was rather pricey at $48 but it is a great album and sounds good. 2x 45RPM on clear pink vinyl.

Your store's markup is high. It was $40 here, and I didn't buy it because it was too expensive.

Several. I was in Nashville on Friday, then came back home through Knoxville on Saturday. First time I wasn't at Back Door in Johnson City for a RSD Black Friday.

Ah, I was just wondering if there was another store in the region doing RSD.

My wife keeps telling me to open one up. The little town of 15,000 I'm in doesn't have even one place that sells vinyl anymore, much less turntables. I was kicking around the name Stereotype.

There may be some potential down that road, but I don't really like the "type" part of it, unless you also plan to sell books (or keyboards or something). Maybe if you burn patchouli incense and play sitar music and have bead curtains and stuff you could call it "StereoHippical. (Capitalize the "C" for bonus points if you live in California.)

I would be curious how these mono remasters sound compared to the original mono releases, but don't have the originals to compare.

Original issues on the Etiquette label are hard to find and even harder to find in VG+ condition or better. The one good thing about the pressings on Etiquette, they can look like crap (scuffed, scratched, marked up good) but they actually play decent. Same as the one original album they did on the Jerden label.

Which The Sonics are these? IIRC, there were @ least two that released LPs in the US ca mid to late 1960s. Also IIRC, I have originals of both bands. Maybe there were more than two bands w/ this name?

The Sonics based out of Tacoma had 3 release in the mid 1960's. Here Are the Sonics and Boom both on Etiquette and Introducing the Sonics on Jerden, which was actually their final album but the first on on a major label, hence "Introducing".

The Sonics based out of Tacoma had 3 release in the mid 1960's. Here Are the Sonics and Boom both on Etiquette and Introducing the Sonics on Jerden, which was actually their final album but the first on on a major label, hence "Introducing".

Thanks for the clarification.

Ah, I was just wondering if there was another store in the region doing RSD.

As far as I know, Asheville and Boone NC are the closest RSD stores to Johnson City. I've also known folks that drove to Knoxville for RSD since they have a good number of indie record stores. Since Sonic closed in Bristol, I think Back Door has been the only option in NE Tennessee.

[edit] Just remembered that I've seen RSD product in the record store in Gatlinburg, so it might be worth a look if you are in that area.

Last edited:
Anyone get the Howlin' Wolf. Wondering how it sounds.

I think it was 39 at my local store.

I'm curious about the Ben Harper Fight For Your Mind release. How is the SQ? Had it in my hand but they wanted $46 for it so I left it there. Now I'm kind of kicking myself as that's a tremendous sounding CD and I can only imagine it on vinyl. Probably my favorite by Ben Harper, but I have fundamental issues with paying $46 for a single LP that I have in a different format.

I said F it and just got a copy of Ben Harper on line for $27 shipped including tax. Close to half of what I would have paid out the door on Black Friday. Victory through procrastination!

Back
Top Bottom