Pioneer Hpm 200 speakers

mikenelson

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello Guys

I just came across a set for sale on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/231833731234?rmvSB=true for a great price
unfortunately for me they are south of the border so THE ARE OUT OF REACH FOR ME but someone here may be closer, the seller says

I'M THE SECOND OWNER AND HAVE HAD THESE FOR OVER 15 YRS

so hope one of you guys grab them, if they were in western Canada I would have them by now oh well.

Last edited:
HPM-200
Texas, south of Kansas.
Wrong forum,
but one of the best vintage speakers,
top five or better from what I've experienced.

Due to the size and rarity of these, it's hard to determine a market value. I am guessing the market has gone up tremendously in the last five years, but you almost have to have multiple local bidders for this high of a price. I thought they would sell for about 1/2 of the final price for this auction and I wouldn't have been surprised if they failed to break $1k.

Due to the size and rarity of these, it's hard to determine a market value. I am guessing the market has gone up tremendously in the last five years, but you almost have to have multiple local bidders for this high of a price. I thought they would sell for about 1/2 of the final price for this auction and I wouldn't have been surprised if they failed to break $1k.
Rarity is a problem for most audio items.
I think there needs to be more than a few in existence for a market for really high prices to exist.
People feel more comfortable in numbers, more banter about a specific item.
There are exceptions to the rule like the JBL Paragon or Hartsfield which are rare, both of which have more historic value, for example, but don't sound as good as the Pioneer HPM 200, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom