Movie Endings That Caught You By Surprise.

Luke-I-am-si9gqv.jpg

This isn't a movie but....I got the box set of the series The Prisoner (from back in the 60's). There are only about 15 episodes and I had never seen the final episode. What happened was so unexpected that it blew my mind. The more I thought it later it didn't make sense but still a totally unexpected outcome.

How about midnight run?
Then again, if I hadn't seen that the end of The Rundown would've been

Last edited:
This isn't a movie but....I got the box set of the series The Prisoner (from back in the 60's). There are only about 15 episodes and I had never seen the final episode. What happened was so unexpected that it blew my mind. The more I thought it later it didn't make sense but still a totally unexpected outcome.

"I am NOT a number !!!" (Loved that show)

"The Last Wave"
A Peter Weir film, in which Richard Burton is an Australian lawyer who gets assigned to what appears to be an Aboriginal tribal murder case, and he winds up becoming deeply entwined in the spiritual aspect of their culture. They don`t provide a clearly-defined ending to the film, they leave it up to the individual viewer to interpret the finale`....

To Live and Die in LA , did not see that one coming -

large_oZPcBKy1SKEoAacXthHeQfJlgW8.jpg

One of my all-time favorites....definitely expresses that quirky underbelly possessed by the City Of Angels....
(the Wang Chung soundtrack ain`t bad either....)

It took them what seemed like forever to bring this out on DVD....

Somebody asked me to do a demo on my dbx 3BX's display a while back ... does this count?

One of my all-time favorites....definitely expresses that quirky underbelly possessed by the City Of Angels....
(the Wang Chung soundtrack ain`t bad either....)

It took them what seemed like forever to bring this out on DVD....

I went and hunted down the LP soundtrack right after I saw it, great stuff.

IMO, the film captured the changing 80s feel better than most from the era.

It's going on the list for a rewatch.

If you're into that sort of thing, The Raven is currently playing on ... er ... Starz I think. Just watched it in the last week or so anyway.

alice-eve-as-emily-in-the-raven-2012.jpg

Wouldn't call the ending much of a surprise, but there were a few scattered along the way ...

1978's miniseries, The Dark Secret of Harvest Home. First time I saw it I was about 10, and they played all three hours or so in one big chunk. A big mystery that dragged on forever, until WHAM the last ten minutes pops in and punches you in the gut.

Ace in the Hole. The first time I saw it is was expecting him to be saved in the end.

Great movie, almost everyone in it is a no good son of a bitch. I liked Porter Hall as the newspaper publisher.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom